Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Identifying Tiny Bugs

I saw a little tiny red bug, It looks like beetle, but with a very soft outside shell, and it doesn't fly. What do I have?

By Angela from IA

By ibedg04/04/2011

I don't know what they're called but if anyone finds out and has suggestions on getting rid of this infestation please, please post a response & email me ASAP I am unable to afford an exterminator to come out right now we are both unemployed and on our last unemployment check. Help.

By LARRY FLUITT05/22/2010

Google: clover mite and see if that is it.

Here are questions related to Identifying Tiny Bugs.

Question: Identifying Tiny Yellowish Bugs

Sorry I don't have a pic, but they were very tiny, no bigger than a dot. I got a bowl down from the cupboard, and it took me a minute to notice them. I thought I was just seeing things, like little pieces of dust or something, but they were definitely bugs. They are the smallest I had ever seen in fact. What could they be?

By Justin

Question: Identifying Tiny Almost Invisible Bugs Inside House

I have some very tiny bugs getting in my eyes every night at dark. This is inside my home. These bugs are so tiny that I have not been able to see them, but I can sure feel them in my eyes. Sometimes I can feel them on my forehead and sometimes it feels like they land on my head.

By Jerry

Most Recent Answer

By Nancy [6]08/01/2011

Perhaps a psychiatrist could help? I really don't know, just an idea.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Identifying Tiny Bugs

I keep finding these tiny bugs that are about a centimeter or less. They are teardrop shaped and long. They run around as if they are confused. Kinda running around in circles, really fast. They move forward with what I'm assuming is the head which is the wide part of the bug and the skinnier end being the tail. Does anybody know what they are?

By utah801 from UT

Archive: Identifying Tiny Bugs

There are hundreds of tiny dark bugs with stripes (about the size of a mite or a flea) on the floor next to our sliding glass door. They appear to be dead. About a week ago, I had the same situation and I cleaned them up. They are all over the floor again. I am trying to figure out what they are and where they are coming from. Does anyone know what they might be and what works to get rid of them?

By Sue

RE: Identifying Tiny Bugs

I can't think of what it is called, but your city should have an office that might be able to help you. This is the same office my father goes to for advise on what crops grow well in the area and what wildlife are around to hunt (and when best to hunt). I think the name has something to do with agriculture. Check your yellow pages and make some phone calls.

Another trick, which might be easier, is visit a local farmer and ask them. After all, they do nothing, but keep track of nature so they can get a good crop. (04/02/2010)

By Suntydt

RE: Identifying Tiny Bugs

The government agency Suntydt may be referring to is the Department of Agriculture or possibly Lands and Forests. Your local government offices or library should be able to help you. (04/04/2010)

By thriftmeg