Uses for an Empty Plastic Wrap Roll

Don't throw out your plastic wrap cylinder just yet. I've discovered that if it has a small amount of plastic wrap left on its roll, it makes for an excellent rolling pin. That's right! I stumbled upon this idea a while ago when after I moved I realized that I didn't have a rolling pin on hand. So I used the plastic wrap roll and it works actually better than the rolling pin I had.

I forgot to share this many times and as I was just rolling out my pie crust with one, I stopped and came right to the PC to share while it's fresh on my mind. Try this and let me know how it works for you guys.

Extra tip: I reseal the plastic to the roll that may curl from rolling by rolling it a couple of times across the outside of my heated oven door.

Cool idea,thanks!:)

Sounds like it could work, but I am thinking only once because it would be hard to wash with the inside being made of cardboard and the outside having multiple layers of plastic wrap for food to get caught in between. But that's just me, with my germ phobia. But I have to give it to you, that's quick thinking when your in a pinch!

I keep them my for putting the kitchen tongs in them.

That way you don't have all the clutter in the kitchen

drawers and also don't poke yourself with them.

u know plyblossom11, lol you are so right about the germ part, but I am an expert at making breads as I grew up making rotis and tortias and I use the same recipe method for both my tortias and pie crust so I do it in a snap, lol and my little cylinder rolling thingy has not a drop of dough on it. My family laughs at me saying I could do this all day with my eyes closed and still get it right, but one time since using this it got a little too dusty and I peeled a layer of the plastic off til it was a clean surface of plastic again, tapped it on my heated oven door and kept on moving. its just simply "improvising extreme" at its best and making good out of what you have onhand. Hope you guys enjoy and hope it works for you. Thanks again :)

Don't need another rolling pin, but I DO use the tubes for FREEZING BREAD STICKS we don't eat that come with donated charity Pizza.

First I stick them unwrapped into the cardboard tubes which act like grease blotters. Then, I measure equal scissor-length cuts, three or four times around the bottom and top towards the middle.

Next, I wrap the bread sticks in Saran wrap and stuff them back into the larger of the cut tubes, fold the cut flaps over each other cutting off any hanging out, freezer tape the outside of folded flaps, wrap a single thickness of clear wrap around the tube, add a permanently marked date to the side, taking them out according to oldest to rotate. The really fit into the snug corners of the sparse freezer space I have AND into the door racks! : )

I guess I'm confused...how is it heavy enough to roll out dough? Doesn't it crush when you push on it or am I just not picturing this correctly?

I use them to keep the plastic bags that I get at the grocery store for produce. Then I keep the rolls in a kitchen drawer. Nice and neat.