Crocheted Poncho Pattern

Does anyone have an old pattern for making ponchos that came out in the 60s? I lent my pattern out, never got it back and would love to make some for the grand kids. They tied at the top and were knitted or crocheted.

Barb from Greenwood, SC

February 19, 20090 found this helpful and type in ponchoes. Thery have all styles on there.

February 13, 2009 Flag

I am looking for a crocheted poncho pattern for a little girl. My granddaughter is 4 and saw one at the store and fell in love with it. Hope someone can help, as I would like to make her one for Christmas.

Cheryl from Tacoma, WA

Crocheted Poncho Pattern

Hi Cheryl. One time I searched "crocheted poncho" and got all kinds of sites with free patterns. The best one I believe is called free

Hope this helps! (11/02/2005)

By Cindy S.

Crocheted Poncho Pattern

go to
They have lots of free patterns. (and then click on knitting) has a lot too, but I like the patterns better! (11/03/2005)

By carolb

Crocheted Poncho Pattern

Thanks for the feedback on the poncho, I will look at the sites and will send in a picture of my granddaughter wearing which ever one I make. (11/03/2005)

By Cheryl

Crocheted Poncho Pattern

Hi Cheryl--All the major yarn companies have extensive lists of patterns on their websites, using their yarns of course. I'm sending a link to Stargazer's Crochet and Craft Link index. You can find almost any pattern you could ever want here.
also you could try for all kinds of retro patterns. Good luck! (11/03/2005)

By Lori

Free Crochet Pattern
Finding Free Crochet Patterns
Crafts CrochetFebruary 13, 2009
stack of yo yo paper weights
Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
a woman sewing
Altering Misses Size Pants Pattern to Petite
flip flop quilt
Making a Flip Flop Quilt
Polar Fleece Blankets Ready for Poncho Making
Making a Polar Fleece Poncho