Making a Polar Fleece Poncho

Category Fabric
A simple fabric craft that can keep you warm or be a cozy gift. This is a guide about making a polar fleece poncho.

This would be very easy to make for a child or an adult. Buy one yard of fabric for an adult, a smaller amount for a child. Cut fabric into one large diamond shape. Carefully cut a hole in the center of the diamond for the head to go through. Punch holes with the tip of scissors evenly around neck edge and slip stitch around with a contrasting or matching color of yarn. You can fringe the edge around the bottom or crochet around the edge with a slip stitch or fancier stitch if desired.

By Debra in CO

By Pam (Fla) (Guest Post)

I have been searching the internet for DAYS to try and find a baby poncho "sewing" pattern!! You gave me just the right tip for doing this!!! I can see it clearly in my mind now!! THANKS!!!

By Jennifer. (Guest Post)

my friend and i are planning on making a polar fleece camp fire poncho! we found how to make a ponch off a girl guide canada website! but were wondering if therewere any other ideas on making one!!! it seems pretty easy, but were only 15! and attempting to do this alone! any sugestions? email me please leaffan48 (at) hotmail (dot) com

By Denice (Guest Post)

Here is a good site for a poncho:

http://www.drum … ceponchopat.html

Denice