Easy Fondue Recipe

Does anyone have a good (for teens) fondue recipe? My 14 year old is getting a fondue pot for Christmas; I'd like to have on hand ingredients to use it that day, but all I could find in cookbooks used white wine and ingredients I had never heard of.

Kelly from North Carolina

I know that many grocery stores sell a fondue packet that is from Emmenthaler or some other Swiss cheese company. I don't recall that it calls for wine or any other ingredients at all. It is usually kept with the fancier imported cheeses, like brie and feta. I would also check the little recipe book that comes with the pot. There are usually a few different recipes listed with varying degrees of difficulty.

I know that wine is a standard ingredient for fondue but I also think that apple juice can be substituted in many cases. You could also get some chocolate and sweet things to dip and save the cheese part for another day.

Good luck and Merry Christmas

Have you heard of tasteofhome.com ? I love the ADVANCED RECIPE SEARCH that you can do. I checked it out and did an search with cheese as an ingredient and told it to exclude wine and beer. Then type in Fondue to narrow the search and it came up with about 700 recipes. Can't hurt to check it out! Good Luck!

PS - I like the chocolate idea that was posted! YUM!

I watched this episode on the CBS Early Morning Show last week...they had several fondue recipes (including a chocolate one that sounded great!)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007 ... how/living/recipes/main3634790.shtml

I've often had fondue in an Onion soup mix.

Here are two kid friendly fondue recipes. One is a cheese fondue and the other a chocolate one.

Easy Cheese Fondue

2 cups milk

6 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons ground dry mustard

In a medium saucepan over low heat mix togetherthe Worcestershire sauce, milk, garlic, dry mustard, and flour. Heat until almost boiling. Slowly stir in the cheddar cheese. Continue heating until all the cheese has melted. Keep the cheese mixture warm and melted in a fondue pot.

Easy S'mores Dessert Fondue

1 cup cream

1 cup marshmallow cream

8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped

Slowly warm the cream in a medium saucepan over low heat. When hot, slowly stir in the chocolate pieces until melted. Stir in the marshmallow cream and heat through. Transfer the mixture to a warm fondue pot.

Serve with graham crackers and marshmallows for dipping.

Cheese Fondue Recipes, Cheese fondue.
Cheese Fondue Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food InfoDecember 24, 2007
Cheese Fondue
Fondue Recipes
Ingredient Substitutions
Common Ingredient Substitutions
Pastel swirled marshmallows in various shapes.
Making Homemade Marshmallows
Chocolate fondue
Chocolate Fondue Recipes