Home Remedy For Getting Rid Of Ground Moles

How do I get rid of ground moles by using a home remedy?

Sue from Sanford, FL

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By (Guest Post) 06/30/2008

A friend of ours on the farm used to take a stick, poke a hole in their 'run' and drop 1/2 a stick of Juicy Fruit gum in the hole. Don't know whether they smelled it and ran away or ate it and died, but it got rid of the moles.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Marna (Guest Post) 07/02/2008

If you've got moles, you've got grubs (their favorite snack) in your lawn. Once you get rid of those, the moles will go elsewhere and your lawn will look better too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Me (Guest Post) 07/02/2008

Those spinning stars on a stick that you stick in the ground create vibrations that scare them. I've used them & they work. Don't use anything that would kill them. They're entitled to live just as anything else.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By ladylynnk (Guest Post) 07/02/2008

Was the Juicy Fruit gum still in the wrapper or not? I have heard they will run from the foil? We have a mole, vole or gopher with an underground city in our garden. Please advise.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By busdrivr (Guest Post) 07/03/2008

The juicy fruit gum was to be unwrapped.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Carol in PA (Guest Post) 07/03/2008

Find out what they eat. That is what attracted them to your yard. Deprive them of their food. In the back of my mind I am thinking they eat bugs, but I know they also eat plants. Check online. You can always apply a product to your grass that kills insects.

I didnt remove my moles and now I have snakes to eat the moles. So please try to take care of your problem. I didnt want to use chemicals. lol

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Wayne (Guest Post) 07/11/2008

Okay, this sounds crazy but it works. All you need is a little patience and a cup of coffee. Here's the deal.
The night before step down all the active mole tracks. Next morning (first get a cup of coffee) AND your pitch fork - SERIOUSLY!!! This is where the patience comes in. Stroll around your yard while enjoying the coolness of the morning (and your coffee) and look ever so closely to the ground and I promise you - you will eventually see the work of your friendly mole. Put your coffee cup on the ground and have at it. That's right. You know what I mean. Sound gross? Look at what the rodent is/has done to your yard. Believe me, it works. Early morning (at sun-up) is the best time. It might take you 30 minutes (give or take) but you WILL find them. Of course getting rid of the grubs needs to be done as well. I spend around $25.00 twice a year (spring & fall) and treat my yard myself (to get rid of the grubs/insects). Again, it REALLY works and besides that, you don't need to despose of the dead mole - it's already in its grave.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No