Home Remedy For Getting Rid Of Ground Moles

How do I get rid of ground moles by using a home remedy?

Sue from Sanford, FL

A friend of ours on the farm used to take a stick, poke a hole in their 'run' and drop 1/2 a stick of Juicy Fruit gum in the hole. Don't know whether they smelled it and ran away or ate it and died, but it got rid of the moles.

If you've got moles, you've got grubs (their favorite snack) in your lawn. Once you get rid of those, the moles will go elsewhere and your lawn will look better too.

Those spinning stars on a stick that you stick in the ground create vibrations that scare them. I've used them & they work. Don't use anything that would kill them. They're entitled to live just as anything else.

Was the Juicy Fruit gum still in the wrapper or not? I have heard they will run from the foil? We have a mole, vole or gopher with an underground city in our garden. Please advise.

The juicy fruit gum was to be unwrapped.

Find out what they eat. That is what attracted them to your yard. Deprive them of their food. In the back of my mind I am thinking they eat bugs, but I know they also eat plants. Check online. You can always apply a product to your grass that kills insects.

I didnt remove my moles and now I have snakes to eat the moles. So please try to take care of your problem. I didnt want to use chemicals. lol

if you have a dog who is scent oriented like mine, he catches moles on a daily basis. Sounds like a good solution to moles but not good for the yard. I have a minefield of random holes, I am going to try the castor oil and saturate the area maybe those moles will leave. I don't really like the dog killing the moles. if this don't bother people with moles get a Black Mouth Cur dog or I am sure there are other dogs with a nose on a mission.

Actually, moles favorite food is earthworms...period! Even if you don't have grubs, you can still have moles. So, the grub repellents do nothing!

Home and Garden Pest Control Moles and GophersJune 30, 2008
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
🎄