Browsing: Removing Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

Grape juice stains are a stain nightmare. That deep purple color that we love in the glass is a tough stain to remove. This is a guide about removing grape juice stains on clothing.

Man's hand helping a young boy drink his juice.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 4, 2015 Flag

How do you remove grape juice from clothing?

By Holly from RI

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Easy online search for many answers!

Try this from Good Housekeeping:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/stain-buster/stains-grape-juice-may07

u can use vinegar or clorox

August 18, 2010 Flag

When I was washing my white cotton sweatpants, grape juice got transferred from a dirty tea towel in the same load. I unknowingly put said pants into the drier baking the stain in. Yikes! How can I get the stain out? (I do not like to use bleach. btw)

By Chrisha from Kamloops, BC Canada

Have you tried using Rit brand color remover? I've seen it in the fabric dye section of grocery stores. (Walmart)

All good suggestions. Please take the rest of this with a smile on your face. Only sometimes the stain can not be removed. Having 6 kids and all kinds of stains, I use the artist in me. Some times the kids help. I take fabric pens and draw or copy designs to fit around, between, or over the stain. Sometimes I stain it a little more using rags or paint brushes. If you don't think you can do it, have a friend copy from a picture you like. Don't stress out. It's not worth it.

Use Hydrogen Peroxide. I Promise it will get the stain out. It works great for grape juice, prune juice and basically anything reddish. I just used it not more than 20 minutes ago on my daughters shirt. If it's been dried in the dryer, I'm not sure. It will still work if it's been air dried though.

March 2, 2010 Flag

I'm doing a science fair project on grape juice stains and cleaners. My question is:
Why is a grape juice stain so hard to remove, if possible at all?

By Ketray

www.buyoutpaste.comGrape Juice Stain Removal

Grape juice contains natural dark pigments, thus making its stains one of the toughest to remove from fabrics. Here is some information regarding effectual grape juice stain removal tips, which you can use to clean off those reddish purple stains.

The more nutritious grape juice is for health, the tougher are its stains to remove from clothes and carpets. However, being a fruit juice of several health benefits, grape juice is the most preferred choice for people of all ages. Consequently, the chances of grape juice stains on clothes and carpet are high, particularly, if you have kids at home. And the worst part is that the dark colored pigments present in grape juice make the stains difficult to lighten with regular detergents.

You can find numerous stain removal products that promise to remove grape juice stains. Such products not only cost sky high, but can also weaken the cloth fibers, reducing the quality of clothes. the other alternative, which is also cost effective, is to use home remedies for removing grape juice stain. Use effective tips for grape juice stain removal and you can clean the stains with less effort and without expensive cleaning products.

Grape Juice Stain Removal from Clothes

If you are among one of those hundred moms who are struggling to clean grape juice stains from the kid's shirts and clothing, refer the following useful tips for easy removal of the stains:

Sponge the stain portion of the cloth with cold water gently, making sure that you are spreading the stain.

Apply lemon juice in the already soaked area or else, you can rub the cut side of a lemon over the area.

Using an absorbent tissue paper or a clean washcloth, blot the loosened stain as much as possible.

Repeat the step of applying lemon juice and blotting out the liquid, until the grape juice stain is removed totally.

In case you notice a faint stain even after applying lemon juice, you can use white vinegar for cleaning the stain.

Sponge the stained area with white vinegar and use tissue paper to absorb the liquid until the stain is invisible.

Rinse the cloth with cold water thoroughly and allow it to air dry. Read more on stain removal from clothes.

Grape Juice Stain Removal from Carpet

In order to remove grape juice stains from carpet, you can prepare a carpet cleaning solution by using the regular carpet shampoo available in the market. Easy steps for removing grape juice stains on carpet are as follows:

If you act immediately after grape juice spillage, you can succeed in blotting up the juice with a paper towel before it sets in the carpet.

After absorbing the stain, you can apply lukewarm water over the stain area by using a spray bottle.

The next step is to blot up the liquid from the stained carpet portion. You can use a washcloth to do so.

Following this, prepare a cleaning solution by mixing 1 milliliter of carpet shampoo with 1 liter of lukewarm water. Mix well the solution prior to applying in the spot.

Dab a cotton cloth with this solution and carefully, scrub it over the carpet stain.

Blot out the liquid with a paper cloth. Continue to apply the cleaning solution and blotting until the stain disappears.

The last step is to sponge the treated carpet area with cold water and blot with washcloth.

For more information on removing stains from clothes and carpets, refer to:

Red Wine Stains - How to Remove

Carpet Stain Removal

The above mentioned tips for grape juice stain removal are most effective when used immediately after the staining occurs. If possible, act before the stains dry on the fabric. If the grape juice stains persist even after following these tips, you can consult professional laundry services for stain removal. Good luck.

August 18, 2010 Flag

I need to get a major grape juice stain out of a 100% cotton shirt. I have not done anything to it yet. I just got the stain today. I'm at a loss as to what to use.

Thanks in advance.
Reddlb from Brewton, AL

Answers:

Grape Juice stains Off Of Baby Clothes?

<title-green>Request:</title>

My daughter loves grape juice. And she also loves to smile. However she does both at the same time and now I have stains all over her baby clothes. Any ideas how to remove grape juice stains from a wide variety of colored clothing?

Suzanne S.

<title-green>Answers:</title>

Grape Juice stains Off Of Baby Clothes?

I use Welch's White Grape juice! No stains, no muss, no fuss.

Post by DOGGY

Grape Juice stains Off Of Baby Clothes?

Soak it in peroxide. My son spilled the communion juice on my husband's tan shorts a few years back, and I took it after a few hours of sitting around, and soaked them in peroxide. It came out and you can't even tell.

Post by Dawn

Grape Juice stains Off Of Baby Clothes?

I used Oxiclean on all my son's baby clothes, and never had to replace anything. Bleach works better on white clothes, as Oxiclean can leave it dingy and yellow. Hope this helps!

Post by Mikki

Grape Juice stains Off Of Baby Clothes?

I just spilled grape juice down my shirt. I tried Shout right away and it basically did nothing. I went to this web site and saw the entry about peroxide and tried it. Within 5 minutes, the stain completely disappeared! Who knew?

Post by Barb (Guest Post)

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

Try a little white wine. Just pour it on the grape juice stain. I know for sure white wine take out red wine so grape juice is just younger wine. (03/14/2006)

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

I used hydrogen peroxide and it is working as I write. It doesn't come out instantly, but it is almost gone and it has been soaking for 15 minutes. (05/05/2006)

By Janna

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

You can also put hair spray over top of the stain put it in the wash and it's out. (05/22/2006)

By Alison

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

I got a grape juice stain on a brown cotton shirt and
I tried soap and water and it didn't come out. I then
poured some white vinegar on it and the stain disappeared right before my very eyes. Couldn't believe how easy it came out. It didn't discolor the brown shirt either. (05/25/2006)

By RB in Appleton WI

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

I got a grape juice stain on a white blouse. The soonest I could get to cleaning it was about two hours later. I tried washing it by hand with laundry soup, but the stain only changed in color from purple to blue. I then soaked it in some warm water with Oxiclean and shortly afterwards the stain started to lift. After swishing and rubbing it around a little, the stain came out completely. Good luck! (09/02/2006)

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

Try boiling water poured through the garment at the stain. Instantly removes it before your eyes. I was skeptical the first time I tried it, but I was losing the white blouse any way if I could not get it out.
I put grape juice on it again just to show others how well it worked on cotton as well as synthetic! (09/07/2006)

By Vickie

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

The boiling water worked great! Thanks Vickie. (09/16/2006)

By caddyzigs1

Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

Hydrogen peroxide will remove any organic stain, including grape juice and red wine. Buy peroxide when it's on sale 2 for $1. Put one bottle in the medicine cabinet and one bottle in the laundry area. Pour it on wet or dry fabric, let sit for 15 minutes, then if needed you can do it again. Then launder as usual, but if you're cleaning spots from carpeting or upholstery, no rinsing is needed as it leaves no residue (it works with oxygen "fizzing" out the stain). Sometimes it's best to put the peroxide in a well marked spray bottle and spray it on the carpet. Always "spot test" a small area first!

Peroxide removes coffee, hot chocolate, blood, and many other things too! (01/04/2008)

By Cyinda

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsAugust 20, 2011
Mulled Grape Cider
Mulled Grape Cider Recipes
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
A slice of toast with grape jelly on it.
Grape Jam Recipes
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 3:01:07 AM on 10.0.0.69 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.