Grape Juice Stains on Clothing

When I was washing my white cotton sweatpants, grape juice got transferred from a dirty tea towel in the same load. I unknowingly put said pants into the drier baking the stain in. Yikes! How can I get the stain out? (I do not like to use bleach. btw)

By Chrisha from Kamloops, BC Canada

Have you tried using Rit brand color remover? I've seen it in the fabric dye section of grocery stores. (Walmart)

you use bleach

All good suggestions. Please take the rest of this with a smile on your face. Only sometimes the stain can not be removed. Having 6 kids and all kinds of stains, I use the artist in me. Some times the kids help. I take fabric pens and draw or copy designs to fit around, between, or over the stain. Sometimes I stain it a little more using rags or paint brushes. If you don't think you can do it, have a friend copy from a picture you like. Don't stress out. It's not worth it.

Use Hydrogen Peroxide. I Promise it will get the stain out. It works great for grape juice, prune juice and basically anything reddish.

I just used it not more than 20 minutes ago on my daughters shirt. If it's been dried in the dryer, I'm not sure. It will still work if it's been air dried though.

Thanks for sharing this information. I had juice from a red grape on my blouse (97% cotton/ 3% spandex). Of course, I put cold water on it, to no avail. I found your tip and tried it while my blouse was wet from the water. I put some on a paper towel, and blotted over the stain. I was interupted and a few minutes later, I noticed the stain had disappeared. It's my favorite shirt!!! Thanks so much.

Thank you sooooo much!!!
Hydrogen peroxide did the trick!
Got grape juice that spilled on my favorite blouse and set for 4 days out!!! I'm mean completely gone!

Great trick!

IT WORKED!!! I applied the peroxide to stains where I wasted grape juice on a pair of beige jeans came back 20 minutes later and the stain was gone, vanished, had disappeared. Thanks

Thank you! It worked! Two different shirts with two different grape stains (one a black grape stain and the other a red grape juice stain), both came clean with hydrogen peroxide! No fuss, just drops of the peroxide and GONE in seconds!

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsAugust 18, 2010
💘
🍀