My Fake Leather Couch Leaves stains on Clothes! - Categories:

FurnitureCleaning

My Fake Leather Couch Leaves stains on Clothes!

I've got an amazing fake leather couch set that has reclining chairs and a foldaway bed that's been sitting around unused for awhile in a storage warehouse. The problem is that the couch every so often will leave stains on the backs of shirts and sometimes pants. I've tried all-purpose cleaner and leather cleaner to minimal effect. Please help me with ideas!

Greg

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Have you tried using Scotchgard? It's a cheap and easy way to tame the leather beast. Good luck.

Hi,

This sounds like the leather had not been sealed properly. If this is the case a Good wipe down with a vinegar soaked cloth should seal the pores of the leather and thus prevent the curing agent from rubbing of. Also you may consider going to a store that sells scotchguard and try spraying that on it . Just an Idea... hope it helps!

If it is a fake leather, I'd clean it good with Armorall. You can buy it at the auto parts store. That should seal it and also clean off any extra dye.

- Susan

Greg, I am having a similar problem, and was wondering if any of those solutions worked? Thanks a Bunch!

What's the difference between fake and real leather? (I'm terribly sorry for changing subjects, but it's a question I need to get off my chest)

Hi, for me, the problem is in reverse. I just bought an expensive pair of white jeans which I like very much, and it was stained in the wash by the leather name/brand emblem/tag on the waistband on the back of the jean.

Any suggestions to get this red/orange brown stain out of the jeans?

Fake leather is a type of vinyl so don't use leather products on it. Call a furniture store and see if they can help you. If you bought it new I'd ask them about a replacement. It shouldn't shed color.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureSeptember 9, 2004
Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch
Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:27:18 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.