Sammi (Lesser Crested Sulfur Cockatoo)

Sammi is a 10 year old Lesser Crested Sulfur Cockatoo bird. My son purchased her, but after 6 months she came to reside with me, by default I guess. She has been at my house ever since. My husband passed away 3 1/2 years ago so it is just me and Sam now. I am 67.

She talks, says her name and sings and dances. She loves to go for rides in the car and just be outside in the summer.

She has a very large cage and I have a chain and 2 quick disconnect locks on it, as she can open it. Sometimes she comes out her food door, after working the screws loose. I have to check them often.

She loves to sit behind me and watch the monitor on the computer while we have our morning coffee. She runs the show here, when I am on the phone, she will holler at me and sometimes I have to leave the room to hear. She loves company and is sure to get their attention. She is a real sweetheart. loves people, especially children. Loves to be petted under her wings.

By Janene

What a beautiful animal and so clever!

Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo
Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo Photos
Pets Pet PagesOctober 6, 2010
Faucet running in a kitchen that uses well water.
Removing Sulfur Smell from a Well Water System
Hairless Chinese Crested Dog
Hairless Chinese Crested Breed Information and Photos
Sulphur-crested Cockatoo
Cockatoo is Scratching Itself
🎄