GraduationGifts

Tips Jar Gift for a Hairdresser - "Moving Out On Your Own" Gift

Category Graduation

A friend of ours is graduating high school in a few weeks and informed us that she is moving out of state as she was accepted to one of the top hairstylist schools in the United States. She also informed us that she may have to live on her own for the first time.

I love giving away greeting cards, so I bought her one of those greeting card organizer books and filled it with blank greeting cards I already had on hand and placed them in the appropriate slots. I wanted to do more, but was short on funds, so I took a decorative jar I had bought for a craft project and never used and found some cute scrapbook stickers with nail polish, shoes, purses, lipsticks, etc. (I couldn't find hairstylist type stickers) and stuck those all over the jar. Then I am typing helpful hints and printing them on colorful paper, cutting each hint out, then folding the paper to place in the jar.

I took a cardstock gift tag and tied it around the top of the jar with raffia ribbon and it simply says, "TIPS". She can use it for her tips jar once she is cutting hair on her own, but in the meantime it is full of household tips, first time on your own type tips, etc.

By Tawnda

Great gift ideas for your friend!! She'll love them.

Tawnda this sounds like a great, thoughtful gift on so many levels. The type of gift I always hope my creativity will spark, but rarely does in such a clever, thoughtful way that all ties together. And priceless to the recipient, I'm sure. NICE!