Using Online Accelerated Reading Tests

Accelerated reading tests allow children to read grade level appropriate books, take tests on content, and receive feedback. This is a guide about free online accelerated reading tests.

October 31, 2014 Flag

I want to do an AR test at home. I don't go to school now, so what should I do?

By Simran

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Schools pay a large sum of money for access to The Accelerated Reader Program. The tests can only be taken at school or, in some cases, a public library. Teachers want their students to take the test at school because otherwise they don't know if the student is the one answering the questions.

October 11, 2009 Flag

Where can I find a free accelerated reading test for second graders?

By Melanie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

This is similar: bookadventure.org. You can register your child and they take a test on one of the listed books (many are also AR books). I love that I can see the test my son took to see what questions he missed. I know what areas to work on, rather than just getting a grade like the AR program does! We use the bookadventure quiz as a practice for the AR test. It is a fun website and the kids earn points for (simple) prizes. Also, teachers can register their classes and use the program to supplement the AR program.

July 25, 2015 Flag

I want to practice an AR test about "The Island" by Gary Paulsen and The Last Musketeer. How do I do that?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

First, you must log in with your username and password. Then, search the book you want to take a quiz on. Finally, choose the correct book and take the quiz.

There are many replies to an online search so you need to research ar and decide exactly what you want: "accelerated reading"

November 3, 2013 Flag

If I can, where can I login with my school username and password? Will they let me login with my school numbers? Can I login outside of my school's network or not? Thank you for answering my questions.

By Lisa

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You can only log in at school. Like other tests, the teachers want some control of the test environment.

no

October 2, 2014 Flag

I am trying to take a test, but I can't find a website that lets me.

By Kaleigh

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can only take the tests at school or sometimes at libraries during summer reading programs. The teachers don't want the tests taken at home because they don't know who is answering the questions.

October 11, 2009 Flag

Children and students have access to a program at school called the Accelerated Reader Program where they test on books they've read for points. I was wondering if there are websites that have similar tests where children/students can test out at home on books they've read.

Carol from KY

Answers:

Online Tests Similar to Accelerated Reader Program

Yes, there is another program called bookadventure.com. Someone told me about it, but have not had our daughter try it, as we love the accelerated reading program in our school. We have had it for 8 years now and the kids use it well. I don't know how someone can abuse it, and get good scores just by guessing on the multiple choice and not reading the book. (01/30/2009)

By harder3

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
EducationFebruary 13, 2013
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
A woman paying her bills online.
Paying Bills Online
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 8:20:22 AM on 10.0.1.11 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.