Removing Wheel on MTV Riding Lawn Mower

We have an MTV Riding Lawn Mower and my husband has been trying to take off the back wheel. He removed the bolt and tried to pull it off. It wouldn't come off, so he sprayed it with WD40. No luck,so he bought a puller and he said all it was doing was bending stuff. Can you tell me what the problem is and how he can get it off safely without tearing something up on it. We would be so grateful. Blessings to all of you and thank you.

Kay from Clyde, Tx

Answers

Try this site: http://www.psep … _mower_parts.htm

Have your model number & other relative info written down, then telephone and ask part removal question; please purchase wheel from them... they want to help, but also want to stay in business!

I'm assuming you meant "MTD", not "MTV"?

True, they want to stay in business, but have you seen their PRICES? I recommend Lowes for wheels, which come with the tire already mounted and inflated for less than $60 each. Of course, that's for after you get the old wheel off! I'm leaning towards a gear puller of some sort. I fully expect my MTD rear wheels to be thoroughly stuck, after 12 years! My mower has always been kept inside our garage and never put away wet. As a last resort, consider putting tubes inside the old tires and get another 10 years use out of them. Tubes are very cheap on ebay.