Garbage Disposal Can Cause Odors

I have lived in an apartment for 3 years. In that time, I could never get rid of a smell coming from the sink. I tried bleach, soda and vinegar, and bought disposal cleaner. Nothing worked. Three times I had them come to repair a leak, the fourth time, it was decided to replace the garbage disposal. Well, low and behold, no more smell!

So all the smell was from the disposal. I am a happy camper again. Hope this helps someone who "just" can't trace that smell.

By Lee from Ohio

If your disposal stinks...usually of onions and such...just cut a lemon into quarters and run it through the disposal...cuts the odor, and smells yummy too!

They also sell these tablets that you drop in your garbage disposal....add a little hot water and it begins to bubble up right into the sink. It totally cleans your garbage disposal and takes all the smells with it.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsOctober 19, 2007
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Celery and Banana Going into Garbage Disposal
Cleaning a Garbage Disposal
kitchen sink
Unclogging a Garbage Disposal
Clean garbage disposal drain.
Keeping Garbage Disposal Smelling Fresh
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 19, 2016 at 8:10:09 PM on in 972 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.