Search For Copycat Recipes For Your Favorite Foods

I moved to the UK from NY over 12 years ago and even now there are certain products that I can't get here, although it has improved a lot since 1997, or I can get them but they are ridiculously expensive because they are imported. For example, Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing. Over there it costs about $2.59 for the 8oz bottle: over here it costs 6.95 pounds ($10.50)! And that's if you can find it!

I finally got fed up and thought to myself, I wonder if I could find the recipe to make it myself? So I looked on the internet and found a website called Recipezaar.com.

There are hundreds of "copycat" and "clone" recipes on Recipezaar - some for brand-name products some for restaurant recipes (including the likes of McDonalds and KFC) and some are healthier versions of the classics.

PS I would highly recommend the clone recipe for the Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix, it tastes exactly the way I remember the real one tasting and costs pennies per serving. By following the recipe, you will wind up with about 3 cups of the mix which you can then turn into quarts of the dressing just by adding mayo and buttermilk. Very Thrifty!

Source: http://www.recipezaar.com/Hidden-Valley-Ranch-Buttermilk-Dressing-Mix-74560

By EVickers from Leicester, England

Editor's Note: We don't have a Hidden Valley Ranch copycat recipe on ThriftyFun, but we have lots of other copycats. Check them out here:

I wonder if we have the same recipe ;-) I LOVE Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing and mix it with sour cream to dip veggies, too. I also like to add a little Good Seasons Zesty Italian dressing along with the Ranch Dressing on my salads :-) Yum!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsSeptember 18, 2009
Strawberries and Bananas
Shoney's Copycat Recipes
Internet Search
Using Internet Search Engines
Chili's Restaurant
Chili's Restaurant Copycat Recipes
Outback Steakhouse
Outback Steakhouse Copycat Recipes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 19, 2016 at 9:28:22 PM on 10.0.1.80 in 955 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.