Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

I need a homemade way to remove scratches in a glass table top.

By Holly from Lancaster, WI

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Answer

I have a glass coffee table. How do you fix scratches on it? Some are deep, others not so much. Please help. Thank you.

Bev from Northbrook, IL

Answers:

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

You can buy a product at the auto parts store that is used to fill chips in windshields. That would work well on your table. I can't remember the name, but if you describe it, they will know exactly what you want! (11/27/2007)

By Cindy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a request. I am looking for a household hint to fix scratches in a glass table top. I have tried the toothpaste remedy with very little results. These aren't very deep scratches, but the table is new and I would love any ideas on how to fix these scratches.

- Daarla

Answers:

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

The easiest way to hide scratches in glass is to etch a design over it.See http://www.armourproducts.com (01/10/2005)

By

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

Have you considered that lens scratch repair stuff they sell for eyeglasses? I can't remember the name off hand, but you can get it at places like Walmart and Kmart.

If it works, you're all set. If not, you can still etch over it.

(01/11/2005)

By Erin

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

I use Johnson's Pledge (furniture polish) for my eye glasses, you could try that, may have to use several coats. (01/11/2005)

By Anna.

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

I have the same problem. I found this site through google and may order their Do-It-Yourself kit if there are no other hints forthcoming.

http://www.gtglass.com/glass_scratch_repair.html (02/06/2005)

By Charles

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

About toothpaste, you have to make sure it's the white kind, and the cheaper the better. Mixing some baking soda in it also helps for deeper scratches.

If you have a steady hand, and some patience, you can use a toothpick or pin, and dab some super glue in scratches. (Make sure you clean the scratch area first with alcohol.) If you make a mistake and have a little runover, it comes off with nail polish remover. I've done this on glass doors where there was a scratch from something hitting it. Could be worth a shot. Good luck! (02/22/2005)

By Kathy

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

Use nail polish dude and remove the excess with acetone. lates (04/25/2006)

By equilizer

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

We can help by supplying a DIY glass scratch removal kit. Please visit http://www.glasstechnics.co.uk or contact tony@glasstechnics.co.uk Many Thanks. (10/24/2006)

By glasstechnics

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingJune 1, 2010
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 11:09:02 AM on 10.0.2.134 in 411 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.