Scissor and Paper Edger Holder
I wanted a way to organize and store the specialty scissors used for trimming paper for scrap booking and other projects. I came up with the idea presented here.
Approximate Time: 1 to 2 hours
- recyclable corrugated cardboard
- cutting tools (craft knife, box cutter)
- band saw
- decorative elements
- First, cut corrugated cardboard into 4x4 inch squares.
- Use band saw if available, if not, use craft/box knife.
- Cut as many pieces as you need. My project required 3 pieces for each scissor, plus 2 end pieces.
- Glue pieces together with white glue. I added 4x4in. pieces of cardstock between every third piece as separators.
- Place end pieces on cube, then add weight to the cube and let dry for a few hours.
- Decorate the cube if desired, use colored paper, cloth, collage pictures from magazines, etc.
By Creativeman from Chatsworth CA
April 20, 20100 found this helpful
Wonderful idea! I loose my scissors nearly eve other day. Now I'll be able to find them & they will stay sharp too! Instead of building a holder, I will put several pairs of scissors in with all the knives.
April 21, 20100 found this helpful
Great idea! Maybe glue fabric remnants or decoupage pictures from magazines, etc. to dress it up the sides?
April 29, 20100 found this helpful
Great organizer but I have one question.How do you find the one edger you need/want?
May 11, 20100 found this helpful
What a great idea. I'll bet you always know where your scissors are. I think I'll make one of those. Thanks for a good tip.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 21, 2016 at 2:58:46 PM on 10.0.1.156 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us