Removing Ball Point Pen From Leather

Try hairspray! I had a blue pen and the ink went on my fingers. I went to push the stool in and it went on the stool. I tried Jif, bleach and alcohol, they all didn't work. When it came to hairspray, it came straight off with just one wipe down.

So if you have any leather that has been marked with ink, don't stop and think that it's a scar for life. Let me tell you that hairspray was the best product I ever used!

By Olivia from Bexley, NSW

Be careful when using hairspray started to lift dye from sofa. Ink still not removed.

hairspray didn't work

I had a large black ink mark on my brand new white leather Zagg keyboard. I used the hairspray on the ink spot, and saw that the ink start to loosen immediately, I applied it several times and everything came off.

I also tried hairspray on my tan leather handbag, it removed all of the dye of the leather where the hairspray was and the ink remained. Now my expensive bag is in a much worse state and I hve been told by a leather shop there is no repair possible. Lesson is to spot test first!

I also have blue ink on my beautiful leather seats in my van. I tried magic eraser, hairspray, and even brake cleaner. Nothing worked. I had ChapStick in my hand as a last resort to let it sit for 3 days, then I read about Nail polish remover. I only have non acetone pads but I used them and IT WORKED!!! I'm so grateful for everyone's advice. If I were you and had this problem please try each tip a little at a time

bcz with leather being different textures what doesn't work for one type may be a lifesaver to another.

Thank you Olivia, Lisa here from WA. I just tried the hairspray on my leather purse and it worked! You're FAB!!!!

Omg, that was amazing thank you so much I thought my sofa was ruined

I got black ball point ink on my purse in 2 spots. It had been setting for a couple of weeks now. I got tired of seeing it so I googled for a remedy. I found this site. I tried magic eraser, but it didn't even touch it. I tried hairspray, but still no luck. So I tried using rubbing alcohol and it greatly faded it, but it did not come out completely.

HAIRSPRAY! worked a treat to remove pen ink from my cream leather couch. Tried 4 different things before Google-ing it.

In following your tip I tried hairspray on my Brahmin wallet. I sprayed hairspray on a cotton ball and rubbed the ink line and didn't let it dry resulting in my color of my handbag being lifted and removed but the ink still remains. I quickly grab some Chapstick to put over where I had rub so as not to do any further damage. I'm guessing that what you used it on was a white color so lifting of the dog I was not noticeable ?

An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherMarch 2, 2010
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
🎉
🎄