Magic Eraser for Removing Ink From Leather

My children's school work got wet and the ink transferred to my light beige leather car seats. I could read the school work on my seats. I went to this site quickly before I left for work. I grabbed a few items suggested: alcohol, hairspray, soap and worked on the spots at red lights. Nothing worked.

I went into work and someone told me about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's by the cleaning products in the store. It worked! No fading. I even tried it on a old rust spot on my sink I could never get out, and it worked. I had to submit this today.

By Ami from Shorewood, IL

I have some stains I haven't been able to get out. I'm going to try this today! Thanks!

If you have children, or really at all, you should not use the Magic Eraser. The reason it cleans so well is that it contains formaldehyde, which is a carcinogen. When you wipe off your bathroom fixtures, floors or toys, it leaves traces of the chemical behind. A lot of the commercial cleaners we use are very toxic...as highlighted by the CBC program Marketplace.

http://www.cbc. … aners/index.html

Natural is the way to go. Vinegar, baking soda, or lemon are all safe and smell much better than any bottled meadow.

actually Magic Erasers DO NOT contain formaldehyde. See here http://www.snop … oxins/eraser.asp

My grand daughter just used my lipstick all over her face and my white leather chair. I got in out in minutes with lemon and bicarbonate soda...hurray!

Anonymous

I tried using magic eraser on my purse that has ball point ink on it. I didn't touch it! I'm gonna try hairspray!

Anonymous

magic eraser works,also on newspaper stains on leather recliners!

Anonymous

Tks for this tip. I used Magic Eraser on my green leather bag which had blue ball point pen on it. Totally removed it and the green leather was fine. Just put a little wax polish over it with a soft cloth. Good as new!

Thank you....thank you for sharing!!!!!!!

Diane from Chicago.

Magic eraser didn't work for my blue ink spot

Regretfully, while I love magic eraser, it absolutely did not work on ink stains on my couch.

where did you go to buy this product? supermarket, or at bunnings warehouse?

Anonymous

Yes magic erasers are great, just be careful it will take out the color. I found this out the hard way.

Anonymous

Did not work at all destroyed it

Anonymous

Mr. Clean eraser did not work, the stain is still on my purse but it also has a faded patch. It took off the color on my leather. Use with care or don't use it on leather at all.

Thank you. Magic Eraser did it. Blue ink from waitresses pen when signing the check which got all over me and thankfully only a small area on my new light tan leather purse. I'm going to also rub a little leather polish as suggested to coat it. Love The Magic.

Omg, my daughter just wrote with a ball point ink pen,,all over my cream leather chair. I am going to go get the magic eraser. I have used alcohol, milk , an toothpaste. None of those items worked.

Your post about the Magic Eraser saved my life! A broken blue pen got several big spots on my light gray leather seat. The Eraser was the only method that worked! I was able to get it cleaned before my husband saw the mess.Thank you!

Yep! Mr. Clean Eraser did the job for me on a nice leather purse. Thanks for the tip!!

I tried Mr clean magic eraser on ink scribblings on my cream colored car seat and did not work need a better answer than that

I tried the Magic Eraser to get some red ink off my fine leather car seats and it totally worked! Thanks for posting!

Please how can I get Mr. Clean magic?