Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Need Help Purchasing "Pink Solution"

Do they still sell Pink Solution cleaner at Costco? Do they sell it anywhere else? Is it worth the cost? What are your reviews of it?

By sarajane from Southeast MO

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Beth [25]08/12/2009

If you are referring to the pink stuff that smells like liquid Ivory soap, I was not impressed with it whatsoever.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Need Help Purchasing 'Pink Solution'

I want to try a product called "Pink Solution" (made in Canada) to clean hard water deposits from shower tile and mildew from some of the grout in my bathroom. I tried to order it from the website, but was shocked that the shipping cost is the same as the product cost (doubling the cost to buy it). Would anyone be willing to mail me a small plastic bottle of Pink Solution if I sent postage? Are there any US distributors? Any users (who don't sell this stuff) who would submit comments on the product so I can tell if it seems worth it? I'd appreciate any help at all. Thanks.

Nancy from Nokomis, FL

RE: Need Help Purchasing 'Pink Solution'

I tried the pink stuff and was not impressed at all. Vinegar does a much better job. (11/28/2007)

By Lynn

The lady who wrote that she tried pink solution and it was no better than vinegar, is likely comparing apples to oranges. I found a number of "pink solution" cleaners on the market. I use the pink solution you are inquiring about (and one certified organic cleaning product). We've been buying the cleaner for about 12 years and keep buying it. It's very very good. There is a more "concentrated" version available, which I haven't bought to try (yet).

The other one I mentioned (organic cleaner) is quite good for kitchen (counters especially) and living room as it is a probiotic cleaner, it uses the good germs (probiotics) to overpower the bad germs, without reverting to harmful chemicals. We buy that through http://myorganicfamily.mionegroup.com and I know they do deliver to Florida (home). They are both great cleaners and quite safe. (01/02/2008)

By rlibouf

Pink solution can be purchased at www.pinkssolution.com, this is a US website that sells premixed solutions. If you buy from www.pinksolution.ca, you get the gel concentrate, which is far cheaper. To make a heavy concentrated solution, you add 2 tbsp/quart of water. The extra shipping might be worth while. Pink solution is a degreaser. Check out the photos and uses on www.pinksolution.ca (01/11/2008)

By sandybbb

Make sure you buy only the registered PinkSolution from Canada.There is a rip off company in the US. They are selling a diluted junk and calling it Pinks Solution. It is not even close in quality. (01/18/2008)

By C. MacKinnon

I just bought some at the Costco in Davie, FL. It was $50 for the system. I already got the rust spot off of my tile floor in the bathroom that has been haunting me for years. (08/03/2008)

By Tina T.

The lady who developed the product was doing a demonstration at my Costco. She said you can put some of the straight gel in the dishwasher, not mixed with water. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to. (03/02/2009)

By Jennifer J.

If it eats rust, presumably it has citric acid in it. There was (I think) a Proctor and Gamble product (sold in the USA under the Mr. Clean label?) that you hung on your shower arm. It was loaded with a similar chemical. Upon leaving the shower you would push a button on it and close the shower curtain. Half a minute later it would spritz the shower area and curtain with a soap scum and lime fighting solution that was "harmless to humans". (03/19/2009)

By Red Neck

We own a residential cleaning company for the past 13 years. The people who say vinegar works better are sure not buying the same Pink Solution that we know here in Canada. If they are, they sure are fibbin'. We wholesale it. It is kelp, soda ash, coconut oil, and vegetable tallow, developed by Dr. John Howard of BC Research in 1990. It was not on the market prior to 1990. (04/04/2009)

By exnavy

The people that make Pink Solution used to sell Quick'n Brite and then poof they have their own cleaner. Now they are trying to go into the states and magically its not pink anymore. Its white. The original is the real stuff and its cheaper. Plus they have a liquid that is easier to dilute and works great. You can find it at http://quicknbrite.com. (06/26/2009)

By AGatqb

I have used both the Quick n Brite and the Pink Solution and Quick n Brite is the way to go. Quick n Brite out cleaned Pink Solution in almost every area I tested them on. I would recommend Quick n Brite to any of my friends, but I will not purchase Pink Solution again. (08/06/2009)

By nicnicg22