Disposable Diaper Tips

As a mother of two and one due in a few days, I've used many diapers. Huggies seem to work the best. However they are one of the most expensive brands. Giant just dropped the prices of Huggies and Pampers a dollar. Also, if you are pregnant, make sure to stop into a maternity clothes store and find out if they have a mailing list. Usually they will send you a ton of great coupons.

By michele052002 from Bangor, PA

I used disposable diapers for both of my kids, but only until they were about 8 months old. Then I switched them to cloth. As they get older, they tend to go less and it helps in the transition to potty training. I had both of my kids potty trained at 18 months old. When I did purchase disposable, I purchased the store brand. They were always cheaper and often times better than the more expensive brands even with a coupon.

I used disposable with both of my children and they are 30 and 25. My husband sat down and figure out that with the hot water bleach and electricity it was not much more to use disposable diapers and I saved time and that gave me more time to spend with my children instead of washing ,drying and folding an extra load.Diapers would have to be washed every day. Can't stand dirty diapers sitting in a hamper over night. You also have to watch out for cheap disposable diapers some of them are thin and after wetting one time you have to change.Most better diapers child can wet twice before it gets next to their skin which means not changing as often.

You can get big boxes of Huggies at Sam's Club if you are a member there.

An unfortunate, but necessary cost of children. I found WalMart to be far less expensive than any other store, even the Costos, Sams, etc. My experience was never good with cheaper brands. They seemed to run much smaller and leak. Guess it depends on each child.

Parenting Baby AdviceJune 4, 2009
Baby with Diaper Rash Getting Changed
Diaper Rash Remedies
disposable razor
Uses for Disposable Razors
Used Diaper
Reducing Disposible Diaper Pail Odors
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail