A Color Scheme for My Living Room and Dining Room

My living room and dining room are one big room from the left side of the house to the right side. I want the living room to be a deep brick red and a light vanilla color, with 2 red walls and 2 vanilla walls. What do I do with the ceiling? Leave it white? The dining room I wanted to include the vanilla color and maybe a soft gold color. I need advice! I need these 2 rooms to flow together yet be separate!

By Texas Scorpio from Orange, TX

Continue the vanilla color across the ceiling in both rooms or use a vanilla/pale gold in both rooms; this would tie the two rooms together. You might consider using a sponge print of the red onto the ceiling edges above the red walls. If you don't think of corners and edges as end lines for color, you can create something very beautiful with these three colors. The red is a strong color and has more "weight" so no more than 1/3 of total surface should be red and the rest in vanilla and gold, but the areas should not be equal for each color. You don't say what you plan for window coverings, floor, furniture and this should also be considered in the areas of color. Have fun.

I suggest all the ceilings done in the vanilla color.

Try doing the ceiling the same vanilla color, because the lighter you go with the ceiling the more space you seem to have, it feels way bigger if you do a light color on the ceiling, and then it will match the walls.