Left-Over Vegetable Soup

I was doing some cooking yesterday, and had (what I thought) was a good idea! I had shredded some zucchini into some muffin mix, but still had some left over. I also had some extra sweet potato left after I made sweet potato fries, and the stalks from some broccoli that I had already cut off the florets. I hated to just throw the extra vegetables away, what a waste! So, I peeled the broccoli stalks, diced them and the other vegetables up, and decided to make vegetable soup. I just added some other vegetables I had in the freezer. I figured that it was a nutritious way to "recycle" the broccoli stalks and leftover bits of vegetables; and there was no waste!

By Lisa from Kenosha, WI

Excellent Lisa!! Great way to save $$. I do the same and sometimes make casseroles like that. Food is too expensive to throw away.Donna Rae

I make soup like this, too. I used to have alot of stuff to toss out to the wildbirds to munch on. Now, they have less as I've learned to use more of what I used to throw away.

Food and Recipes Recipes Soups VegetableSeptember 18, 2006
A bowl of fresh vegetable soup.
Making Vegetable Broth
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
🎉
🎄