Reagan's Rosebuds Baby Afghan

This afghan pattern is in honor of my first granddaughter who is due in September and who will be named Reagan. This is a very simple pattern, though it does look complicated. The rose bud pattern is made by the color changes. This is an adaptation of the classic pattern "Granny Ripple".

• size G hook
  • 3 supersaver cream or off white worsted weight skeins of yarn
  • half a skein of supersaver baby pink
  • half a skein of supersaver petal pink
  • half a skein of supersaver dusty rose
  • half a skein of supersaver mint green

Color Change Pattern

• six rows cream
  • three rows baby pink
  • three rows petal pink
  • two rows dusty pink
  • two rows mint green
  • thirty one rows cream
  • two rows mint green
  • Two rows Dusty Pink
  • Three rows Petal Pink
  • three rows baby pink
  • six rows cream

• Chain 141.
  • Row 1: Sc in each stitch across
  • Ad

• Row 2: Chain 3, turn. Skip first 3 sc. Work (3 dc in next sc, skip 2 sc) 3 times. Work (3 dc ch 3 3 dc) in next stitch for point. *Skip 2 sc work (3 dc in next sc skip 2 sc) twice. Work cluster stitch (Yarn over, insert hook in stitch and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw thru 2 loops on hook 3 times (4 loops now on hook), yarn over and draw through all loops on hook) in next sc. Skip 4 sc cluster stitch in sc, skip 2 sc, work 3 dc in nest sc, skip 2 sc) twice. Work (3 dc ch 3 3 dc) in next sc for point, repeat pattern from * to sixth chain from end skip 2 sc work (3 dc in next sc skip 2 sc) 3 times, dc in last sc.
  • Row 3: Chain 3 turn, skip first space (between first dc and 3 dc group) work 3 dc in each of the next 3 spaces, work 3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc in chain 3 space at point * work 3 dc in each of next 2 spaces, cluster stitch in next space, skip next space (between clusters), cluster stitch in next space, work 3 dc in each of next 2 spaces, work 3 dc, ch 3, 3dc in chain 3 space at next point Repeat from * to just past the last point and work 3 dc in next 3 spaces, dc in top of chain 3. This is the pattern row. Follow the color change chart for color changes. To change colors, work last dc until you have the last two loops on hooks. Finish stitch with new color.

About The Author: Debra Frick is a mother of 5 and a grandmother to 7 grandsons. She is a published author and poetress. Born in California, she now lives in Colorado Springs with her husband and many pets. Her hobbies include crocheting, reading, arts and crafts and bargain hunting.

Congratulations! Ironically, I am also expecting my first grandchild - a boy - in September. I am so excited!!

WOW! That is one gorgeous afgan!

Congrats on the beautiful afgan & I'm sure,

an even more beautiful granddaughter!

Reagan is a lucky girl to have a grandma like you.

Best wishes,

Looks lovely. I am going to attempt this. Thanks for sharing the pattern. I have 2 granddaughters that I am going to do this for. Thanks Jan

granny square afghan
Homemade Crochet Afghans
Crafts Crochet AfghansJuly 9, 2007
Knitted Afghan
Making a Knitted Afghan
Making a Crochet Scrap Afghan
Making a Crochet Scrap Afghan
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
closeup of Afghan Hound
Afghan Hound Breed Information and Photos