Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Permanent Marker on Hardwood

1EmailPrintFollowSave

Last week as I was cleaning, I noticed that I had a temporary card from a store stuck to the bottom of my wet shoe which had been sitting there for who knows how long. I went to go pick up the shoe and found that the temporary card has stuck itself to my hardwood floor and the writing on the card (written in permanent marker) had been transferred onto the floor of my house.

I freaked out thinking about how mad my landlords would be and began to think of all of the cleaning products that I could try to erase this disaster. While standing in the aisle of the grocery store prepared to buy every product on the shelf, I found the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser with the scrubbing back. I have used this product several times and it works great.

I tried it on my floor and it is completely gone! There were no fumes, no scratching, or fear of ruining the floor. It works best if you choose a small area and rub until it comes off. It took only about 5 minutes for the black marker to be completely gone. Worked for me and I hope that it works for you too!

By DryCabinGirl from Fairbanks, AK

Post a Comment

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Magic Marker on Hardwood Floor

My 2 year old grandson recently wrote on his mom's hardwood floor with a Magic Marker. Does anyone know how to clean this without ruining the finish? Any help is greatly appreciated.