Permanent Marker on Hardwood - Categories:

FloorsCleaning

Permanent Marker on Hardwood

Last week as I was cleaning, I noticed that I had a temporary card from a store stuck to the bottom of my wet shoe which had been sitting there for who knows how long. I went to go pick up the shoe and found that the temporary card has stuck itself to my hardwood floor and the writing on the card (written in permanent marker) had been transferred onto the floor of my house.

I freaked out thinking about how mad my landlords would be and began to think of all of the cleaning products that I could try to erase this disaster. While standing in the aisle of the grocery store prepared to buy every product on the shelf, I found the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser with the scrubbing back. I have used this product several times and it works great.

I tried it on my floor and it is completely gone! There were no fumes, no scratching, or fear of ruining the floor. It works best if you choose a small area and rub until it comes off. It took only about 5 minutes for the black marker to be completely gone. Worked for me and I hope that it works for you too!

By DryCabinGirl from Fairbanks, AK

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsDecember 8, 2009
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 12:32:14 PM on 10.0.1.210 in 630 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.