Grill Foods Before Company Arrives

The best way to have a family BBQ, is to throw everything on the grill about 2 hours before your guests are supposed to arrive. As things finish cooking, put them on covered baking sheets in your oven at about 200 degrees F to keep them warm. This way, when people arrive, you don't have to be busy cooking and you can enjoy yourself!

By jamie22 from Philadelphia, PA

I must respectfully disagree with you! Sure, start early so that food is finishing soon after guests are arriving, but the fun of a BBQ for guests is participating a bit, even if that means the guys getting their first ice cold beer out of the cooler and standing around the grill as it finishes up. Plus, the smell of the food grilling is appetizing to your guests and makes them hungrier! If you're going to grill 2 hours before, might as well grill the night before and reheat in oven. That's no fun!

A very well meant tip but I concur with mbilar1 that the fun is smelling and seeing the food grilling, the guys (and gals) hanging around outside near the grill with a beverage of choice and enjoying the company and ambiance. As long as everything else is ready to go to grab and place on the table what could be more fun. I am still giving you a thumbs up for an 'A' for effort though. ;-)

Grilling food is good timing and taking it off so all things come together. You should know how long a burger/brat/steak takes ahead of time. I presume this is an open grill for the business factor. Still, shutting the lid allows you exactness that the household oven will allow.

Some things prepared would be better in moist heat rather than dry heat of an oven. Invest in a few crock pots or borrow them. Put a piece of foil across the top and then the lid. This seals in juices, etc. I always cook large family meals and all things from meat, potatoes, gravy, veggies go into the crock pots. The best BBQ, soups, roasts, etc are done in crock pots.

Anyway, I can't imagine a hot dog 2 hrs after it came off the grill. Gross. And the medium steak is now dry, leather and well done. What a waste to a prime piece of beef. Maybe cause we are used to steer from the back yard to the freezer to the table, and best not waste what you prepare.

I am also assuming you are not using natural gas or propane gas to cook with either?

Food and Recipes Food Tips BBQ and GrillAugust 13, 2010
Repairing a Gas Grill
Repairing a Gas Grill
Steaks on George Foreman Grill
Using A George Foreman Grill
Cover for an Outdoor Grill
Making a Cover for an Outdoor Grill
architect working on a drawing at table with two others
Name Ideas for Architectural and Interior Design Company