Reviews of Microwave Pasta Cooker

I was at Walgreens and I saw this little microwave pasta cooker. It has a lid that strains the pasta and handles that stay cool, and also a steaming lid for it. Does anyone have any comments or concerns about this product? I don't want to pay for it if it isn't worth it as far as cooking really good pasta.

By Robyn from Hampton, TN

I don't own one, but I don't need it. I just cook pasta in a pan. Remember, manufacturers are always coming up with something they want you to buy, that you don't really need. Storage can be an issue with all the hot doggers, pasta makers, smores makers, etc. one can buy, not to mention the money is gone forever.

Hello Robyn, I don't have one of these either, but I am intrigued by them. I'm not usually into kitchen "gadgets" but being able to cook, strain, serve and store pasta in one container (versus the pan, the colander, the serving bowl and the storage bowl) sure seems like a great way to reduce the dish washing load and the clean up time.

The time savings alone might just be worth the money spent. If they do cook the pasta properly, microwave heating is generally cheaper than range top cooking, too. Great question for the Thrifty Fun community. Looking forward to hearing other comments.

I have a microwave pasta cooker and love it, especially since my husband would have pasta 7 days a week. The one I have is long enough to hold spaghetti. I love it because I can make one or two servings just for him and it is easy to rinse out when done.

I am with thriftyvickie! Also, you don't really need a colander to drain the pasta from a pot on the stove, just a lid that we all have on hand. ;-)

I had bought a Pasta Express is what I think it was called. Supposedly could cook pasta, veggies, hot dogs, etc. I thought it was more trouble than just doing in a pan on the stove. It was very hard to get open and I burned myself doing so. I had gotten on sale at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks and just donated it to charity rather than keeping it. A good idea I suppose and probably works for some but I did not find it cut down on time too much and was just something else to store.

I love the MicroWave Pasta Maker. Not only does it do the pasta, I also use it to do baked potatoes. They don't come out as dry as when you do them in the oven or regular microwave. It takes 20-25 minutes to cook 2 large Idaho potatoes. You can also use it for other things as well.

I'm sure that if you buy it, try it, and don't like it that you can return it with the receipt and original packaging. I've never had a problem with returns at Walgreens.

I have a pasta cooker,in fact two different ones, and think their great. Being a single I can cook small amounts which is all I need. I like using the microwave, which costs less then the stove to operate. The cooking takes a short time,to strain out the water is simple as can be, and only one item to wash. Go for it, you won,t be sorry.

I bought this pasta cooker about a year ago & love it. I would recommend it to anyone as you can cook, add ingredients & serve in one dish. I hated waiting for water to boil & strain which right there, you have 2 items to clean plus you still need another to serve. I cook all kinds of pasta and rice.

Really, how long does it take to boil a pot of water on the stove? Try this energy saving tip that works with most kinds of pasta. Boil your water in a saucepan (salted, and 1 tbsp oil), add your pasta, stir, return to a boil, stir, put lid on, remove from heat, leave lid on (no peeking) and time it for 16 minutes. Remove lid, stir and strain. Makes perfect pasta and only a bit of time and energy to boil the water.

Thank you for all the reviews! I appreciate each one of them. I haven't bought one yet, but I will probably have to now since our stove went out while I was cleaning it. I think I lifed the element too far.

Woman Microwaving Pasta
Cooking Pasta in a Microwave
Consumer Advice Product Reviews Kitchen CookwareJanuary 20, 2011
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes