Browsing: Using a Vacuum Sealer

Making Vacuum Sealer Bags

How do I cut a straight line to make bags using the foodsaver roll or any other vacuum bag roll? I have the roll cutter in the machine, but don't want to have to swap rolls in and out every time I need a different size.

Holly

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Buy a personal paper trimmer.It even has a ruler on it .Works great!!You can usually buy them wherever you buy scrapbooking supplies.

Clever idea! Why didn't I think of that?

Fold the roll back on itself to the size bag you need. Do this on the table. Take a sharp knife and slice at the fold. By the time you do this the machine is hot enough to seal the bottom. Put in food and seal the top.

Paper trimmers are great if you are trying to cut a large quantity of bags out of rolls. I've been selling vacuum packaging equipment for years now and I usually just tell people to seal the roll where you want it first and then perforate the edges. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help!

Vacuum Sealed Corn
Using a Vacuum Sealer
Food and Recipes StorageJuly 31, 2005
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Vacuum sealer on tile counter with vacuum bag containing a chicken thigh.  Multiple other meat items such as hot dogs are off to the side and two rolls of unused vacuum bags are in the background.
Reusing Vacuum Sealer Bags
Vacuum Cleaner
Saving Money on Vacuum Bags
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 2, 2016 at 11:19:43 AM on 10.0.2.39 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.