Making Vacuum Sealer Bags

How do I cut a straight line to make bags using the foodsaver roll or any other vacuum bag roll? I have the roll cutter in the machine, but don't want to have to swap rolls in and out every time I need a different size.

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By janet (Guest Post) 09/10/2005

Buy a personal paper trimmer.It even has a ruler on it .Works great!!You can usually buy them wherever you buy scrapbooking supplies.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Holly 367 1,264 09/11/2005

Clever idea! Why didn't I think of that?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By carol 2 19 04/22/2010

Fold the roll back on itself to the size bag you need. Do this on the table. Take a sharp knife and slice at the fold. By the time you do this the machine is hot enough to seal the bottom. Put in food and seal the top.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By The Vak Shack 8 09/13/2010

Paper trimmers are great if you are trying to cut a large quantity of bags out of rolls. I've been selling vacuum packaging equipment for years now and I usually just tell people to seal the roll where you want it first and then perforate the edges. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No