Cornflour for Stains?

I saw your recommendation for corn starch to remove stains from suede. Will cornflour do the trick? And does it take the colour out? The skirt is a lovely shade of Irish green.

Camilla from Ireland

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I'm not sure of the original post you saw but cornstach and cornflour are 2 completely different thing and based on my experiences in cokoing with these 2 ingredients, I highy doubt they will do the same trick! Cornstartch has a much lower (and maintains) a much lower humidity level whereas cornflour is gritter and a little more damp.

I already tried to get the stain out of my washable suede by putting dish soap on it and washing it in the machine with laundry detergent. It didn't work. Do you think the corn starch will work even if it's not a fresh stain, or would you suggest something different?

Editor's Note Make sure that it is dry before trying the corn starch or corn meal. It couldn't hurt to try.

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsMarch 17, 2005
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 7:06:51 AM on 10.0.2.19 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.