Use Plastic Bag For Greasing Pans

When greasing a pan, grab a sandwich bag and put your hand in it to reach in and get some shortening or butter for your pan. When finished greasing the pan, just throw the bag away. Or you can put it in a plastic food storage container in the refrigerator for the next time you need to grease a pan.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

This idea sounds a little expensive to me. What I've done for years (learned from my mom) is to tear off a little waxed paper and wrap it around my fingers (not individually) and then grease my cake pans or you can be an inexpensive basting brush and do the same thing.

I use either a napkin (an extra from a fast food place) or a paper towel. Both are inexpensive and biodegradable and neither one requires oil to make.

Why not buy the sticks of butter or shortening? I peel the paper back and rub it in the pans, I smooth it out with a clean finger to get it into the crevices and I only need to wash the grease off of one finger. Also I use the sprays like "Pam" etc.

Greasing Baking Pans
Greasing Baking Pans
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingDecember 10, 2010
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Tips for Greasing Pans
Tips for Greasing Pans