Tips for Greasing Pans

Parchment paper is the cook's friend. It keeps food from sticking to baking pans, eliminates having to soak in dish water to clean, and also is healthier for you. No need to add oil or nonstick sprays to your bake ware.

By carlan wright from Crane, MO

More Solutions

I buy a roll of parchment paper and use it to line my cake pans when baking layer cakes. No need to grease the pan.

I save all the wrappers from sticks of butter and keep them in a zipper bag in my freezer. When you need to butter a cake pan or casserole dish, just take one out.

To butter your baking pans easily, and with less mess, use a frozen stick of butter. Just unwrap the end of the stick and run it around your pan.

9 Questions

Do silicone pans need to be greased? I'm using my little ones for the first time to make molten lava cakes and I want to make sure they come out properly. Thank you for your help - what a great site this is.

Marianne

Answers

The silicon baking pans absolutely must be greased!

By Alice Williamson (Guest Post)

I sprayed Pam in my silicone muffin pan and they still stuck. What did I do wrong?

Answer this Question

I do a lot of baking and make all my own bread. For greasing pans, I keep a container half full with shortening and I keep a small plastic baggy inside.

If you are making a recipe that requires you to grease the pan and one of the ingredients is oleo (margarine). I grease the pan with the oleo wrapper.

When preparing a pan for baking and the recipe calls to grease and flour the pan, save your butter paper when you unwrap butter

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingNovember 14, 2012
😷
🎉
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Tips-for-Greasing-Pans.html