Greasing Baking Pans

Category Baking
Many recipes call for greasing your baking pans. This is a page about greasing baking pans.

When greasing cookie sheets, bread pans etc. I have been using sprays such as Pam and their generic counterparts. But they build up over time as a brown gunk on my pans, and I have to take a scrubber to get it off. I have discovered a solution.

Instead of spraying from the Pam cans, invest in a pressurized spray bottle from a kitchen store. I bought a plastic one for about $6.00. I fill it with canola oil, just push the center to pump up pressure and then it sprays just like the cans. But no turning brown on your pans, and it washes off completely.

The sprayer is refillable and you can use your favorite cooking oil. Much cheaper than the cans.

By Harlean from Hot Springs Arkansas

When greasing a pan, grab a sandwich bag and put your hand in it to reach in and get some shortening or butter for your pan. When finished greasing the pan, just throw the bag away. Or you can put it in a plastic food storage container in the refrigerator for the next time you need to grease a pan.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Once you remove the butter stick from it's wrapper use the residual butter on the wrapper to grease your baking pans. If you don't need to grease right away, just place it in a container in the fridge until needed.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

If you are using liquid oil in your recipe such as brownies, take the measuring cup that you used to measure the oil and turn it upside down in the baking pan while you are mixing the brownies.

I like to keep ready made wax paper squares with margarine or butter that I get out of an empty butter container or margarine container.

A quick and cleaner way to apply grease to bakeware. Put your hand inside a small sandwich baggy and apply the grease. When your done turn the baggy inside out and throw away. No clean up!

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingDecember 18, 2012
🐛
📓
😷
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Greasing-Baking-Pans.html