Pull String Not Starting Lawnmower

I was just outside using my lawnmower on my yard which hasn't been cut recently. It was way longer than I should have been keeping it. While I was going through my backyard it quit. Multiple times.

At first I couldn't pull the cord and found out that was due to there being too much grass caught in the blade. Then I continued to cut and then it quit on me again. I thought there was more grass underneath so I lifted it up and looked underneath and it was all clear. I tried to start it again and could pull the cord just fine, but after trying to pull it over 20 times now it still hasn't started back up.

I need help. I also don't know much about fixing things so if you answer please try and put it in simple terms for me.

By clay from Jacksonville, FL

Answers

Could be a multitude of things; bad/old gasoline; spark plug needs replacing; debris in fuel line; if you've checked these things, your only hope is to locate a small engine repair service locally.

http://www.rusticgirls.com/landscaping/lawnmower-repair.html

September 3, 2009 Flag

The pull string on the lawnmower is pulling and retracting okay, but with no resistance. Therefore it is not generating any spark at the plug. Anybody have an idea of how to fix it? It is a Briggs and Stratton engine. Many thanks.

Richard from Wales

Answers:

Pull String Not Starting Lawnmower

Hi. The ears are probably broken inside the housing for the pull starter that actually causes the starter to engage with the flywheel. Take off the housing and replace the locking unit. Should not be too expensive. (06/08/2009)

By jdj599

pull start mower
Repairing a Lawnmower Cord
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersSeptember 3, 2009
Man Repairing a Lawn Mower
Repairing a Lawn Mower
Lawnmower
Lawnmower Blade Won't Turn
Riding Lawnmower
Riding Lawnmower Will Not Shift Gears
A man pulling on a cord to start a lawnmower.
Lawnmower Cord Won't Retract
🎉
🎄