Removing Paint Ball Paint from a Car

This is a guide about removing a paint ball paint from a car. The oily goo of a paint ball can be a challenge to clean from a car's finish.

July 8, 2005 Flag

How do you remove paintball goo from a car. It is on windows and finish.

Thank you,
Carolyn

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I'd try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Took a paint transfer off my car's bumper and didn't hurt the painted finish.

Best Answer

The "paint" in paint balls are nothing but colored vitamin E oil so I would try something that would cut the oil like vinegar, but I'm not sure about using vinegar on the painted surface .. I would reach for the Simple Green! .

Good Luck to ya!

Rebekah

I tried the Simple Green suggestion and it seemed to work well, especially after it had a little time to set on that pesky sticky film. Good luck, and what an annoying prank to deal with.

Simple Green worked for me.

Some idiot dropped a bucket of paint in the road and I ran through it in my new mustang. The guy at the parts store told me that anything with orange oil will get paint off a car with a little elbow grease. Worked pretty good!

We just got shot while driving towards our house about 15 minutes ago, we didn't know what hit us nor what we might have hit. We realized it was a paintball and after getting home and seeing we had been shot twice, we called the non emergency police department to make an insurance claim. The officer came and he ended up putting his finger through it which resulted in us cleaning it off with just a paper towel and water. Hopefully if you are shot this is the type of paintball you get hit with....also, if you find the person who shot you, they can recieve a sitation because it is criminal mischeif, and if you are hit, they could actually be charged with assault.

Good luck!

Gabby.

I tried the Simple Green Car Wash. Let it soak for a few minutes and scrubbed. It came off everything except the rubber seal around my windows. I am going to put Wash on again and go to Hot Car Wash tomorrow to rinse off and see if that works.

I got some taillight tint paint on my bumper. Would Simple Green work to get that off or is that a completely different type of situation as paintballs etc? Any tips?

My car was hit with paintballs on Sunday by my brothers who thought they were being funny! Ha ha..not so funny! They washed it off with the garden hose but only to leave behind a greasy oil film that wont come off! I have washed my car with hot water at the car wash for almost 30 minutes! Still no luck of getting it off! So, hopefully I will get it off with the simple green you all are talking about! If not, I have some brothers that will be detailing my lexus by hand!!!

Removing Paintball Paint from Car

Please read this completely. You must have a clean surface first. This will remove dirt and grit off or out of the sticky paintball paint.

To remove paintball paint off a car finish:

Wash the car with mild car wash detergent and sponges. Dry off easily with large clean terry-cloth towels. Make certain that if you drop a towel on the ground, do not use it again. Use another clean towel. Allow the surface to dry.

Paintball paint is like crayon with an emulsifier and dye. It has a heavy gelatin outside. If left on the car's finish, it will attract dirt, grime, and acid, salt and ruin the paint.

A warm day is best. Cold weather makes it hard and is very time consuming.

For warm weather, use a microfiber cloth and spray WD40 onto the cloth and dab it onto the paintball splat. Carefully use circular motions. It is not necessary to use WD40 all over the car's surface. Just use it on the paintball marks.

Treat all paintball splats the same way. Next, buy and use Original Car Polish/Detailing spray...this is the same company that made the Pro Honda cleaner/polish. It does not hurt the paint. It removes tar, bird droppings, etc. only.

Again use a clean microfiber cloth. Spray the cloth and apply it to the remaining paintball splats. Use a gentle polishing motion. Allow it to air dry after a few minutes and buff it off. Remember that applying pressure on a dirty car with a dirty cloth will scratch the paint badly. Keep he towels, cloths and car surface extremely clean before removing paintball marks, tar and crayon. You are basically polishing your car.

Removing Paintball Paint from Auto / Car Surfaces

For cold weather, try to get the car into a warm garage. Treat the paintball splats using the WD40 (this dissolves crayon and gum also) and use the Original Cleaner/Spray/Pro Honda Cleaner-Polish.

Original (Amrep) is the same company that made the Pro spray for Honda, Yamaha and Harley.

It will not harm the paint finish. IT is instant detailing bug remover, tar remover and polish all-in-one can. I've used this stuff on my motorcycles and cars. It works great indoors too.

For cleaning the smears off glass after the WD40 or Original/Honda spray, use Invisible Glass spray and another clean microfiber cloth. Using paper towels leaves too much lint.

I have used all of this today (November 22, 2008) after someone shot paint balls into the trees above our new CR-V, and it is very cold now.

I will still take the car over to my dealer to have the exterior detailed for $89.00. They'll bring it into a warm garage, which makes the removal of the paintball paint/wax easier. They'll use a similar spray to remove any excess paintball paint and fully wax the finish afterward to restore the mirror finish. If you do this: Make sure they know the car has wax based paintball paint on it. Tell them to not use anything to strip the paint like compound polishes. The paintball paint will come off with pre-treating for tar.

Make sure they do not leave swirl marks! Do not believe anyone that says paintball paint is easily removed with soap and water.

I have a light blue corsa (the solid colour type which fades easily if not looked after) and I work at a paintball centre. I recently came out of work to find some kids had thrown paintballs on the bonnet of my car. I wiped it off straight away. There doesn't seem to be a film on the paint, but the paintwork has faded where the paint was and it's almost as if the paintballs have taken off the top layer of the paint work. As far as I know the paintballs were the water-based ones, any suggestions?

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning AutoDecember 6, 2016
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buffing marks from a Car's Exterior
Removing Stains and Marks from a Car's Exterior
🎉
🎄