Cleaning Badly Burnt Pots and Pans

By attosa 173 425

contest winner icon

Don't waste your time scrubbing a badly burned pot or even think about throwing it away! All you need to do is put it outside in direct sunlight for a few days. The burnt food will crust up together, and when you turn it upside down, it will all fall out. I burned a huge pot of food the other day and my mother called up with this tip. Sure enough, the pot is back to normal thanks to the sun!

A pot with burned food and the same pot that was cleaned by the sun.

Before: A stainless steel pot with burned food.

After: Cleaning Badly Burnt Pots and Pans

Source: My mother

By attosa from Los Angeles, CA

Showing: Comments Sort

By Lilac 20 1,329 Flag

If the pot is stainless steel just spray with a little eazy off and the burnt part lifts right off.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By carolynn 7 Flag

Also, you can fill the pan with water and put it back on the burner on low for a while. After you drain the water, the pan will be easy to clean. A little quicker if you can't wait for the more ecological way to do the job.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kimberly T Wright 1 Flag

Wet the pan/pot sprinkle baking soda in it let it set for a day or so the pan/pot will be easier to clean. You may need to repeat for heavily soiled pans/pots.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By tnphoenixrising 7 47 Flag

I have found that soaking the pan overnight with a new fabric softener sheet also does the trick. Most burnt and sticky food come right out. I then run it through the dishwasher and it is ready to use again.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By dbsx 1 Flag

I just tried using sunshine and it worked great! My pot had a roughly 3-inch square area of burnt-on tomato sauce that I thought was going to require dynamite to get off. After only 3 hours of bright direct sunlight (I tilted the pot on a log to get direct exposure) it peeled right off! Yay!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Burnt Pans
Cleaning Burnt Pots and Pans
Previous
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMay 24, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Burnt Pans
Cleaning Burnt Pots and Pans
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 7, 2016 at 6:01:29 PM on 10.0.0.227 in 944 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings