Cleaning a Very Burnt Saucepan

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 124 Posts

View of clean and burnt sides of pan.Cleaning a Very Burnt SaucepanI took a telephone call and completely forgot my saucepan boiling my Udon noodles. I didn't think anything would shift the burnt-on food. How wrong I was.

I soaked the pot for two days with cheap cola (17p for 2 litres in my supermarket) and a dash of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda).

I was then able to remove all burnt residue with a ball of foil and it came up as shiny as if it was new! See my picture.

Oxy clean works good.

But Oxy-Clean is not 'thrifty'!

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 147 Feedbacks

When I burn a pot I basically clean & dry it. Then I spray it with Easy Off oven cleaner and let it sit overnight. Next day I wipe it with a paper towel and the burnt food comes right off.

I am going to try this! my burnt pan has a nonstick finish so the aluminum foil scrubby isn't going to work. thanks!

The only tip that I can add is; when I have a really bad saucepan I fill it with hot water and put a little bit of soap powder in and then heat it up for about 30 minutes. Then it cleans the pan so you don't have to to any scrubbing.

Anonymous

I got the food out but the shiny finish is gone. is it safe to cook food in the pan

When I have a pan with burned on food, I put some water in the pan - just to cover the burn, and then put a dryer sheet in the pan. Leave it overnight. You'll be amazed! I was.

It did nothing for my pan.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 215 Feedbacks

The best scrubber I've found that cleans pots and pans is
www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_5?tag=thrif06-20 (Affiliate Link)

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts

I burnt very badly a Faberware saucepan. I tried everything. I used every old fashioned method everyone told me was fool proof. NOT! Finally, I used hot soapy water, then dumped it out, I used Clorox Soft Scrub. a few squirts on the bottom, spread it over the bottom, let it sit for just a short time. It softened up the 1/4 inch burned on mess. I was able to chip it away with a butter knife easily.

Then, a few more drops of Soft Scrub, and a scrubbie sponge, away the burned on mess went! I love "Clorox Soft Scrub." I use a drop of it on my glass top stove and the glass just sparkles! It is reasonablly priced. You use it by the drops. It last a very long time! Cost between $3-$4 dollars! Not bad!!

Thank you.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJanuary 25, 2013
🌻
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-a-Very-Burnt-Saucepan.html