Substitutions For Fennel In Recipes

I have several recipes that call for fennel. Since I dislike the licorice taste of fennel, I am wondering what is a suitable substitute in cooking. Celery? Celeriac? I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Nicki from Amarillo, Texas

Why don't you use what flavor you like, in the form that's similar to fennel? If you're talking about the bulb, celeriac would be a good sub. For the fennel seed, celery might be best.

The fennel is called for because of the flavor for that recipe. I don't like fennel either but I wouldn't make a recipe calling for it either.

Substitutions for Fennel in Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsAugust 12, 2008
Fennel growing in a garden.
Growing Fennel
A woman pouring wine into a pan.
Substitutions for Wine in Recipes
Creamy Fennel Recipes
Fresh Fennel
Freezing Fennel