Substitutions For Fennel In Recipes

I have several recipes that call for fennel. Since I dislike the licorice taste of fennel, I am wondering what is a suitable substitute in cooking. Celery? Celeriac? I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Nicki from Amarillo, Texas

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Why don't you use what flavor you like, in the form that's similar to fennel? If you're talking about the bulb, celeriac would be a good sub. For the fennel seed, celery might be best.

The fennel is called for because of the flavor for that recipe. I don't like fennel either but I wouldn't make a recipe calling for it either.

Fennel
Substitutions for Fennel in Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsAugust 12, 2008
Fennel growing in a garden.
Growing Fennel
A woman pouring wine into a pan.
Substitutions for Wine in Recipes
Fennel
Creamy Fennel Recipes
Fresh Fennel
Freezing Fennel
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:56:35 PM on 10.0.1.151 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.