Plastic Toys Smell Like Smoke

I purchased some plastic figurines on Ebay, they all smell like smoke. Even the small accessories they came with smell like smoke. How can I get rid of the smell?

Jason from Los Angeles, CA

I had a similar problem once. I placed the item in a large zip-loc bag and sprinkled in a good amount of baking soda. After about a week I removed it from the bag and odor was gone.

Also soak them in a mixture of vinegar and water. That should get rid of the odor.

Don't be afraid to contact the seller to report this. Sellers can no longer retaliate and leave a negative.

try sitting them out in the bright sunlight for a day or two.

Try crumbling up newspaper in a bunch of balls, and putting the toys in a garbage bag or closet that is pretty air tight along with the newspaper. In a few days you can check, up to a week. The smell should be gone. : )

A friend who used to sell Tupperware told her customers when you have smells in your plastic ware to soak in vinegar then place item in freezer for a few days. It worked for cook ware it should work for other plastics.

If none of the above work to your satisfaction, try coffee. Just sprinkle in a baggie like the person said about the baking soda. It has taken out a lot of smells for me. Good luck!

Smoke is always oily, so you will need a detergent.

I would return them to ebay. You should not have to pay for something that smells to smoke. I feel this is horrible.

Home and Garden Cleaning ToysMay 21, 2008
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
🎉
🎄