Removing Ink Stains from Carpet

My dog chewed up a blue Biro and spread ink all over my brand new tan coloured carpet. Can anyone help with how I can remove it?

By Linda from Perth, Australia

Take a vinegar and add some water, then with a clean cloth. Spray in the area where the stain. Don't scrub with the cloth just gently remove the excess of the ink or anything that is in the carpet.

My beautiful black labrador puppy decided he would grab a blue ballpoint pen and chew it until there was no more, we found huge spots of blue ink in our lovely beige cream carpet mind you we are renting! It was sitting there the whole day until we saw it this afternoon. I tried all these remedies you have going but the thing that works the best is a bowl of warm soapy *detergent* water a sponge and a vaccuum cleaner.

Drizzle some water on the stain work it into the stain with your pointer fingers and youll see the colouring in the water then vaccuum it up with the vaccuum pushed to the ground and then keep doing this until you see the stain almost gone then use some spot stain remover from your local grocery store. After you've vaccuumed it up just use a towel and pat the damp outside parts.

after readin all the ways folks remove ink from carpets I feel lucky to have had a friend help me. First ball point pens aren't usually permanent ink and by itself use hairspray. You spray let dry a minute or so and with a paper towel or clean soft absorbent cloth lightly scrub then respray till all gone.

This works. I carried an old printer home on my car carpet and it leaked a lot of in on it. Did this and you couldn't even see a mark of it left. If you have permanent ink and do it right away it will work too.

A room with light colored carpet.
Removing Ink Stains on Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetMarch 22, 2011
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄