Freezing a Crab Spread

I made a crab spread with cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and imitation crab and would like to know if this can be frozen. I know that you can freeze cream cheese but not sure about something with mayonnaise in it.

Shirley from LaPorte, TX

Best Answer

I use mayonnaise in my spinach dip and freeze it. Always works well. I microwave it uncovered to use it again; that seems to take back the extra moisture.

Best Answer

I would worry more about the sour cream than the mayo. I have frozen sour cream in the past and when defrosted it's nothing but water. So it's possible your dip might be a bit watery after defrosting.

Mayonnaise does not freeze well

How do you freeze cream cheese? I've never had any luck doing it.It always gets mealy. I freeze it in a cheese ball but can you freeze it by itself?

Thank you

I think it would be fine - you might just have to stir it all up after it's thawed to re-incorporate the ingredients.

I was thinking that you could probably freeze it, but it might not be a creamy as you'd like it to be afterwards. This would be a dish that I'd most likely try to not fix more than what would be eaten, if at all possible, each time, so not to have leftovers. This would be a dish to serve freshly made each time, than to warm up some previously made. Seafood & mayo can make someone sick, quickly, if not kept at the right temps. I'd rather toss it out than to make someone sick with it, even if I'd had a big batch of it still left.

Sounds like we have mixed opinions & reviews on freezing products, try it & let us know how it works out!

My spread is made with salmon, cream cheese

and sour cream Is it o.k to freeze it?

Seafood Dip
Freezing Seafood Dips and Spreads
Food and Recipes FreezingMarch 28, 2006
Imitation Crab Cakes
Recipes Using Imitation Crab
Crab Quiche
Crab Quiche Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Cake Recipes
Crab Cake Recipes
🎉
🎄