Puppy Throwing Up

My puppy is throwing up and it started about a day ago and she wont eat her food or drink her water and when she does she throws it up again. Does anyone have any advice? Should I give her Pedialyte so she will at least wont get dehydrated?

Alvs from San Diego, CA

I am a trainer. This puppy is too young to tolerate constant throwing up. Get this pup to a vet ASAP!

Take your puppy to the vet or to the emergency vet as soon as possible!! Your pup could have a bowel obstruction or a virus named parvo and needs to be looked at by a vet. Puppies don't have alot of reserve and hours are of the essence. Please take your dog as soon as possible.

I have to agree My aunt used to run a Shepard kennel from her home and it sounds like parvo to my as well take puppy to vet. Now I know no one is going to like it when I say this but just in case you can not afford the vet then you need to get some pedialite and very lean hamburger cook it and mix it with rice make sure it is not too hot and a good way to get water in her is crushed ice only give her a little at a time put the ice in the mouth even if the puppy turns its head get it in there and give her some pedialite for the vitamins it contains GOOD Luck my prayers are for you

PS Oh by the way my cousin is a VET and you should call your local fry's and ask if they have the medicine for parvo because you do not need a prescription to get it.

Puppies eat everything they come in contact with. If it lasts more than a day, take the puppy in. My aunt had 2 dogs that had parvo and they spent a lot of money trying to save them to no avail. Good luck!

Do a google search on giving the dog Pepto Bismol and get her into the vet asap. But don't just rely on home treatments because she could die unless treated by a professional.

Could be worms too. Get to a vet

It could be Dog Show Crud which is similar to Parvo. Do a search on this on the internet--sites will pop up and are very informative. Many vets do not believe in this illness but as a breeder, I KNOW how quickly it can take pups (and adult dogs too) A parvo test will show up light positive or can. 2 doses of clavimox will help this pup available from your vet and possibly a SUBCUTANEOUS fluid injection (under the skin)...not an IV which is far more expensive and not recommended.

In the meantime, here is a 'recipe' that I've saved many farm animals and pups on.

5 cups water, 8 level tsp.sugar and 1 level tsp.salt.. Mix. Syringe into their mouth if they won't drink. Let them drink all they want. This 'recipe' is for humans too---adults, children, babies.

Dog Show Crud is a bacterial infection...you will need a vet's intervention.

Failing that, you can try though I don't know how good it will help...go to a local feed store for livestock. Ask for what looks like Calf Bullets for scours in calves. Not sure what they are called specifically. A local breeder here routinely gives their pups a portion of one of these as her pups leave to help combat Dog Show Crud which is VERY prevalent in N.America. It takes a healthy fat CHUBBY pup and CAN emanciate them in literally a very short few hours so they look like you've starved them and dead in a few more. If they don't have it too bad, it can last a few days. Hope this information helps.

RIGHT NOW TO THE VETS...This is a sign of parvo, the way it started with my pup...most times it is fatal...my pup was saved though

GO NOW

Definitely get it to a vet immediately! Those are the symptoms of parvo and it is a horrible disease! You can't let it suffer - and it will if it is left untreated!

I agree - vet, immediately. Little pups can go downhill quickly. Don't risk trying to guess what will help her.

Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 24, 2007
House Training a Pit Bull
House Training a Pit Bull Puppy
french bulldog puppy
Treating Fleas on a Puppy
A cute black puppy chewing on its owners finger.
Teething Advice for Puppies
"Puppy Love" Puppy Chow
Puppy Chow Snack Recipes
🎄