Feeding a 4 Week Old Puppy

Very young puppies can be given goat's milk or special puppy formulas available at pet stores. As they mature these liquids can be mixed with puppy kibbles and blended or softened depending on their age. This is a guide about feeding a 4 week old puppy.

My Pit Bull had her first litter of pups and was caring for and nursing them fine. But this week she no longer wants to sit and nurse them until they get full, so I started to feed them puppy food, and they seem fine.
Are they gonna be okay?

By Angel

Answers

Best Answer

At four weeks weaning usually begins by offering the puppies a slurry of puppy formula and kibble. The solid food is soaked in the formula or a food processor is used to make "smoothies". Pour the mix onto a large flat pan with a low rim, feed the puppies 4 times day.
Five weeks: the mixture should be like cooked oatmeal.
Six weeks: the mixture has chunks of solid food for them to begin chewing.
Seven weeks: the kibble is soaked in formula before serving so it is slightly softened.
Eight to ten weeks: sprinkle powdered formula over kibble and add warm water just before serving.

My Pit Bull puppy is 4 weeks old going on 5 weeks. My question is, do I still have to feed him goat milk? And I want to start him on wild life dog food, but what kind is the right one?

Answers

Best Answer

If he's doing well on the goat milk, keep up with it. He can drink it until 8 weeks. Then feed soft food. If you don't, you risk him getting diarrhea that won't easily go away. If he seems to be hungry all the time you can supplement feedings with a little softened, very high quality dog food, but not the cheap stuff.

Do you mean Taste of The Wild or Wilderness? I'm not familiar with Wild Life.