Feeding 4 Week Old Puppies Puppy Food

My Pit Bull had her first litter of pups and was caring for and nursing them fine. But this week she no longer wants to sit and nurse them until they get full, so I started to feed them puppy food, and they seem fine.

Are they gonna be okay?

By Angel

Best Answer

At four weeks weaning usually begins by offering the puppies a slurry of puppy formula and kibble. The solid food is soaked in the formula or a food processor is used to make "smoothies". Pour the mix onto a large flat pan with a low rim, feed the puppies 4 times day.
Five weeks: the mixture should be like cooked oatmeal.
Six weeks: the mixture has chunks of solid food for them to begin chewing.
Seven weeks: the kibble is soaked in formula before serving so it is slightly softened.
Eight to ten weeks: sprinkle powdered formula over kibble and add warm water just before serving.

You need to buy puppy formula at a pet store and nurse them with a bottle. They won't be ready for puppy food for a few weeks.

Anonymous

Yeah they should be okay take them to the vet to get the best food choice for them I just got my 8 week old puppy yesterday and I find she loved puppy milk and 3 or more times a day she likes west bix soaked/ mushed in hot water then put in the freezer to cool it down she loves it