Browsing: Washer and Dryer Reviews

Reviews of High End Washer/Dryer Sets

Our washer and dryer of 10 years is starting to give out. The set was a cheaper one, and now my husband and I would like to replace it with a really high quality set. We are willing to spend some money if we won't have to replace it soon, and the set is energy efficient. Anybody have a set that they love or hate and why? Just want some input on what brands, style, etc. we should be looking into.

Michelle

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You can go to www.epinions.com and read the feedback there on all kinds of products. I usually see what folks have to say about an item before I buy it.

Three years ago I bought a Sears Elite HE washer and dryer set. The washer is a front loader which uses less water and can hold a large amount of clothing. (i have washed my king-sized bedspread it it.) As it is an HE washer, it uses less detergent. It even has a sanitary cycle that is great for towels. (In south Florida we have a problem them getting a mildew smell.) They are full sized but can be stacked or set side by side. You can purchase stands with a drawer for them to set on, if you so desire.They are highly rated by Consumer Reports. I have really been enjoying mine and would recommend them to anyone.

We have a Fischer and Paykel and we just love it. Not many moving parts so easy to fix. The only draw back is it sounds like a jet plane taking off. Not loud just a weird noise, but you get used to it.

TC in MO

I purchased a new set right before Christmas. I chose the maytag 3000 series front load washer and dryer that could be stacked, Its efficient, does the job and is the quietest machine i have ever owned. I love it.

I have the Sears Kenmore brand He washer and love it. It's amazing how clean the clothes get with less water and detergent and you can wash alot of clothes in one load. I did buy the pedistal for it so I didn't have to bend so far. I still have a regular size dryer as it works fine but my husband built a plywood box to set it on to raise the height-works very well.

Fisher & Paykel--you won't be sorry. Check around, they have different models of both washers and dryers with different features. All are energy efficient.

Thanks for all the feedback. We read Consumer Reports and ended up with an LG, which we really like.

New Washer and Dryer
Washer and Dryer Reviews
Consumer Advice Product Reviews House and HomeDecember 22, 2008
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Shopping for a Washer and Dryer
When to Replace a Washer and Dryer
Couple shopping for a front loading clothes washer in a department store.
Front Loading Washer Reviews
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 9:11:57 PM on 10.0.2.136 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.