Homemade Salsa Too Sweet

How can I fix my salsa recipe? It is very sweet from garden grown tomatoes. I have added vinegar and fresh squeezed lemon juice.

By Nancy from Anaheim, CA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I don't have any suggestions to help you out Nancy, sorry about that. But would you be willing to share with us your salsa recipe? I love salsa but always get it from the store. I'd love to try to make it from scratch!

If you share the recipe you used with us, one of us should be able to tell you what to do to adjust it. Without knowing ingredients and amounts that's kind of hard to do. :-( And did you add the vinegar and lemon juice above and beyond the recipe?

Don't use lemon, use lime. I find this fixes so many things that lemon makes sour in my recipes. All my salads are now prepared with lime juice rather than lemon.

Add a little salt at a time till it's just right.

Answer

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesJuly 28, 2010
Bowl of salsa surrounded by tomatoes.
Mild Salsa Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Fruit Salsa Recipes
Fruit Salsa Recipes
A jar of homemade salsa.
Freezing Salsa
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 10:04:18 PM on 10.0.0.231 in 621 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.