Making a Swan from Netting and Coat Hanger

I am looking for instructions for a swan made of wire hangers and netting.

By Di from Orlando, FL

I just made one. My grandmother and I used to make them as kids and she is still alive and we sat down and figured out the pattern. It turned out so cute. I will take a photo and post it as soon as possiable.

-first cut and shape coat hanger as shown

-next wrap neck with gauze then with net I make mine thick

-cut your net 50 inches long and 4 inches wide, fold in thirds and take 1/2 of a thin pipe cleaner to tie it in the middle.

-fluff it up to look like a pom-pom, and start twisting them on.

-when you have enough on use orange felt for the beak, black fet for around the eyes and black beads for the eyes.

I have made a white one too and it is prettier. Any questions feel free to contact me.

Here is another angle on how to shape the coat hanger.

When I was 9 years old, I made a Swan in vacation bible school and gave it to my Grandma as an"I love you"gift. She made me feel like I was Picasso himself with my art work. My Grandma has passed on and I am a grandma myself. I cannot wait to pass this swan on to my grandbabies and make them feel famous in my heart and theirs.

February 7, 2011 Flag

I am looking for a pattern of a nylon netting swan made from a piece of wood, metal coat hanger, elastic cord, and nylon netting. These were popular in the late 60s early 70s. I would really like to have this pattern. Thank you.

By Florence from Ottumwa, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 28, 2010 Flag

In the late 60s my great-grandmother made me a swan. She made it out of netting and a coat hanger. I love doing crafts and would like the pattern. I would love to make one, since mine is long gone. Thanks for the help.

By Barb from Albany, KY

Answers:

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 1, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have the pattern for a swan that is made with netting material on a wire coat hanger?

By Ladymort56 from Woodbridge, VA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts MiscellaneousFebruary 7, 2011
Nylon Netting for Crafts
Buying Nylon Netting for Crafts
Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters
Bird Netting
Inexpensive Bird Netting
Crocheted Drying Hanger
Crocheted Drying Hanger
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 18, 2017 at 10:20:09 PM on 10.0.2.152 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.