Removing Personal Information from the Internet

Does anyone know the name of the website that you can go to for removing your name and other personal things from the web? My niece is a probation officer and she needs to remove her name, address, phone #'s, etc from Google and other websites that have this information. I removed my info a couple of years ago, but I can't remember the name of the site that I went to to do this!

By Jackie from GA

Best Answer

Perhaps the agency where she works can help your niece with this? I am sure she's not the only probation officer to need to do this so there must be standard procedural help available at her job.

Have you tried- "ZabaSearch "? Good luck.

Follow this link: http://www.google.com/help/pbremoval.html

I've done it. You might want to also remove her name from other search engines - white pages and 411.com (and the like).

Hi People:

The truth is computers are monitored twenty-four hours a day by secret service groups here and around the world. Google and Microsoft also keep your personal Web search histories and it is almost impossible to remove them from the Web.

Try to remove that Belly Fat commercial from Google for example...and see what happens.

Just received response updates for this subject and I have to agree withhuman4us! Just decided to type in my own given name to see what would happen and, although my address and phone numbers remain blocked, there are now sites that show a tiny portion of my work history that wasn't there six months ago! In my case it's okay and I am proud of my work history but I could see where it could be quite problematical for those in any field of law enforcement :-o

A word of caution about History Killer Pro 5.0.1 that Micksgirl recommends because the downloading of this product, ironically, is flagged as containing forms of Adware and Spyware. Be sure to read the 'entire' legal agreement before deciding to accept or not accept the download.

I'm sure her co workers can help with this.

Shredded Privacy
Protecting Personal Information
Computers Internet TipsJanuary 22, 2010
Creating a Simple Website for a Business, Website URL on a computer screen.
Creating a Simple Website for a Business
Credit Report
Providing Information to a Credit Bureau
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens
🎄
🍂