FoundationMake Up Tips

How Do I Find the Right Foundation for My Skin Color?

I can never find the right foundation for my skin color. I either look pale or I look like I have a mask on. I have spent so much money on this; it's pathetic!

By Melissa from MI

Hi,

This is just a less expensive suggestion.

I would go to a department store and let them show you some foundation. Do not buy anything just ask for a sample and let them know you would like to test it out. Ask for at least 3 so you can decide. Then go to drug stores and try to match it up. Also look online at some places like Ebay. There are many sellers who sell samples of mary kay that you can try. After you get your samples then look for sellers that offer the color of your choice. The face also has a need for several foundation colors. In the summer you will need a darker color for your skin and a lighter color for the winter. Ask around and maybe you can do swaps with other people. I collect makeup and if I am not using it or cannot use it I either swap with people or just let them have what I will not use. Hope this helps

Go to makeup alley. com for lots of makeup advice and a free swap service. surely if you went to a mall dept s tore in your area or ulta or sephora someone could match you. I cant scrimp on my foundation and skincare. Every time I try to buy cheap stuff I pay for it in breakouts, blackheads and millia on my face, but make up for prices with using cheap liner mascara shadow etc.

Hi!! I can recommend being a former makeup artist..stop by an estee lauder counter and ask to be matched! its free and you can take home a 10 day supply home to try before you buy!! try the double wear light..if you are looking for a perfect foundation for the summer! its oil free, fragrance free, transfer resistant..and last 10 hours!! ive had mine for 5 months..and i have at least 3 months left!! good luck1

You could also try Victoria Jackson's medium foundation. Hard to find but it works! If you're really fair, then use the light foundation, or the tan if you're pretty dark. There are 2 shades in every compact and you can mix & match. I've been using that since the early 90's.