Find Basic First Aid Tips Online

Do you know you can get first aid tips through the internet? I swallowed something and then consulted the net and found out that the item was small enough so the doctors couldn't do anything but wait until it passed through me, so it saved me a trip to the emergency room (where they would have told me the same thing for lots of money).

CAUTION to anyone reading this. There is a whole lot of misinformation on the internet, so PLEASE go to the ER in a life-threatening situation.

I agree with Momma30. No amount of money you would save on avoiding the ER is worth losing your life over!

I swallowed a small dental appliance - By looking it up on the internet I found out that for adults the dangerous size for swallowed items was smaller than the item in question. So, no trip to the emergency room was necessary. (Of course, with children being so much smaller, this is a different issue...) Ditto finding out that I had taken too much medication by accident - the dangerous dose was smaller than the one I had taken. You have to use your own judgement about these things. I would have gone to the doctor/emergency room if necessary. But in my big city environment, one has to be in bad condition to be seen without waiting a very long time(things like gun shot wounds go first). So I like to avoid going to the urgent care/emergency room if I can. Your situation maybe different. But I find that looking up medical/first aid information on the internet can be very useful.

I liked this tip. For some, the emergency room may be many miles away, (I once lived 35 miles away from the nearest hospital) or as the previous poster said, with waiting lines for hours, it never hurts to know or have access to basic first aid.

If someone is bleeding profusely, finding out how to apply a tourniquet could save the persons life until they can get medical attention. If someone takes a poison, how it should be treated can be crucial. In case of a heart attack or a stroke or an allergic reaction, quick treatment can be crucial.

The original poster wasn't saying to not seek medical attention but sometimes having the information there at your disposal is as important as a rush trip to the emergency room.

True, there is a lot of information on the internet but there are also a lot of good medical sites online.

I support everyone in learning basic emergency first aid before the emergency happens but also using everything at your disposal. In this case, it was just finding out without hundreds in bills, that it wasn't a problem.

I thought it was a good tip.

Susan from ThriftyFun

First Aid Tips, Woman Practicing CPR
First Aid Tips
Health & Beauty AdviceApril 5, 2007
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
A small red first aid kit
Homemade First Aid Kit
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online
Pill Bottle First Aid Kit
Making a Pill Bottle First Aid Kit
🎉
🎄