Tobacco As First Aid On Small Cuts

If you have a small cut that won't stop bleeding, like a cut received while shaving, use tobacco instead of toilet paper. It congeals and stops the bleeding. One side effect is a tobacco hit, but it really works.

Source: Friend

By Paul from Brisbane, Australia

I always use Black Pepper. It will not cause any pain to the person at all. Just keep shaking the pepper on the wound, and Presto! The bleeding stops. It absorbs the blood instantly.
roadrouser

I read recently on the net that 19th C. ship's doctors used tobacco smoke to revive an almost-drowned man by putting it in his lungs. I think that tobacco is a stimulant, so that would actually do some good. Just a fact to file away in my head.